Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hazel Jo's Blessing Day

Hazel was given a name and a blessing in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by her father, Lowell, on January 6, 2008. Assisting Lowell in the blessing and standing in the circle were both her grandfathers Jim and Read, her uncle, Chris, and
friends of Lowell's David & Nick.



I am not sure I have the words to express how deeply we all love this little angel. I love that her big sister, Chloe, calls her "Baby Halo" because that is exactly what she is; a circle of angelic light rests all around this tiny girl. God has sent her to the right family. Her spina bifada will be her challenge in this life but a loving Father in Heaven has sent her to the perfect home for her. I don't think there will be a single moment in her life that she will not know that she is loved and cherished in our family. Many on the earth would love to have that blessing in their lives.

Hazel is a strong little girl. She has undergone and survived like a champion two major surgeries and a bad infection in her short life. Jen nearly lost her last May but she was determined to come into this life and her little heart stayed strong through all the trauma. She has already taught us all so much about life, and love and challenges, and blessings that our cup truly is running over. This little one has a mission and a great work to perform in this life. I think she will be a grounding force for all of us. Lowell blessed her that she will be a joy to all around her and that she will have every opportunity in her life. I have every bit of faith that her life will be good, very good. I love that she carries my mom's name, Jo. My mom spent many years in a wheelchair and she was the epitome of sweetness and patience in all things. She endured her trials well and I know Hazel will too. I am so thankful that she will have the Church in her life and the wonderful community of loving , caring, family and friends to love and protect her all of her life. Someone once said that when grandparents die they are given the opportunity to be the guardian angels of their grandchildren. If this is true and I hope it is...I've got dibs on this one! We love you, Baby Halo!

0 comments: