Monday, January 7, 2008

Home Again

Last night we were so blessed to have a comfortable safe trip to the SLC airport with Lowell at the wheel. It was like Moses parting the Red Sea...we got a little window of opportunity to drive up between snow storms and it was truly a blessing. Chaos reigned again in the airport but that is just par for the holidays. I have decided that the actual flying is the best part of traveling. It seems that something bizarre takes over once you are on the ground and in the terminal. I guess it is best to have the chaos on the ground if you have to have it!

It is good to be home and lots warmer so that is nice. Of course we miss everyone in Utah so much but are so grateful we could go. I still have much to do to get resettled but I have it underway. I spent the morning getting organized and shopping and cleaning up Gramma Gloria's house for her. She is doing great and is in good spirits. I think Dad will spend one more night there, more for him than her. She seems fine. She is tired but that is from all the company as much as anything. She just needs rest and time.

I still need to post about the baptism of Connor and Hazel's blessing but I am waiting until I get the photos downloaded. Maybe tomorrow! I have a staging consultation tomorrow so maybe it is a good sign for the year!

1 comments:

Jen Stewart said...

So glad the trip home was not a repeat of the trip out here. I'm glad you got home safe and sound. Our house seems empty and quiet today. Take care and get some rest!