Friday, February 1, 2008

1968 Revisited

I had originally posted this on the right hand side of the blog under the section 'The Way We Were.' Someone asked for a larger version so here it is. This photo was taken around the time we got married but since no one bothered to date it, I am not exactly sure when. I know we took this car on our honeymoon though! It was a very happy time for us and we felt like we had the world by the tail, and we did. So much future to look forward to and unrealized plans at that point that have since turned into a remarkable life together. One of the big advantages of my recent occupation with blogging is that I am beginning the arduous task of going through and scanning and organizing our many huge boxes of photos. As I come across the fun ones I will be placing them in "The Way We Were" section for a glimpse into our past. You young women with tiny kids are so fortunate to be able to blog your lives as you go and to keep a wonderful record for your families. Playing catch up at 60 is a challenge! However, and it is a big however, it is so much easier than scrapbooking and journaling by hand that with a consistent effort I believe I can actually do it.

4 comments:

D and C said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
So cute! I cannot get over your outfits! LOVE IT!!!! You guys are adorable!

Bonnie said...

Thanks Deanna! I'll have you know that Jim is wearing his Converse tennies,the only tennis shoes made at that time. And, I made my dress! Too funny!

Laura said...

Wow, you read my mind too. I kept clicking on the small picture to see a bigger version; to no avail! Love the picture!!! PRICELESS!

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

What a darling picture! I bet Jim wishes he still had that car...The glasses are very cool. I think I'll try putting our engagement picture on my blog - you've started a trend!