Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bob & Beth's Annual Crabfeed!

Every year in February for the last several years our family has been treated to a wonderful tradition. My cousin, Bob, goes out and catches a boat load of crab and then we all go to Bob & Beth's house for a delightful time together. If you haven't ever had really "Fresh" crab you don't know what you are missing. It is beyond heavenly!

Each year we fill their living room with family and even still many were missing this year. We missed you, Emily, Ruth, Emily, Ken, Ben & Nate, Erin, Scott, Robert, Laura, Spencer, Ross, Chris, Missy, Connor, Aynslee, Zack, Owen, Jen, Lowell, Piper, Julia, Chloe, and Baby Halo! We'd have to rent a hall if everyone came the same year!

My first cousin once removed, Bob's Dog, Misty, was there but for some reason we did not get her picture. She is a big, mellow, donut lovin' black lab and such a sweetheart!

The last two years we have been so blessed to have our cousins Bill and Fran come down from Washington to enjoy the festivities. It is as close as we have ever come to a Reese family reunion. Bill's dad, Harold, Bob's mom, Wilma, and my mom, Jo, were siblings. This is a deep connection for me and I love these guys so much and I know my brothers, Steve and Gary do too!

~Five Reese Cousins~
Bob, Bill, Steve, Bon, Gary

I found a photo of Bill & Fran and me from last year so thought I'd put it in too. They are the sweetest and I am so glad they have made such efforts to come and see us over the years. It is definitely time for us to travel their way for a change!

Fran made a gorgeous "Crab Quilt" this year for Bob and Beth in honor of the occasion. What a talent! And our cousin Bill... he is a world famous artist and that is a story for a post of it's own! Coming soon!

We had such a wonderful time and I am already thinking about next year when we may have to skip the annual Crab Feed while Bob and Beth cruise around the world for 88 days! Can you even imagine what that will be like? So I guess we will have to let them off the hook (or should I say out of the net?)...they deserve it! Thanks dear cousins for the memories created yesterday! Jim and I love you both so much! And, thanks, Jim, for the great pictures!

Adblock

4 comments:

Jen Stewart said...

Wow! That quilt is too cool. Wish we'd been there, looks like fun. love you!

laura.elizabeth said...

I am in love with the crab picture- that should be framed! I am sad we missed it this year too. It looks like it was great fun for everyone! Bob and Beth are the best, aren't they? I just love them. Ross loved the pictures too. While we were watching he kept saying, "I wish grandma could just jump through the screen, don't you?" I thought that was a great idea, perhaps Dr Chris could work on that for us?!

Bonnie said...

Love the new invention idea for Dr. Chris! Perfect, Rossie! We missed you and, yes, Bob & Beth are the best! We are blessed with wonderful family members!

V and Co. said...

oh wow that quilt is great! and i am now craving crab!!!!