Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I Break For Taxes ~ Italy Intermission

Dear IRS:

Enclosed you will find my 2008 tax return showing I owe $3,407.00 in taxes.

Please note the attached article from the USA Today newspaper dated 12 November, wherein you will see the Pentagon is paying $171.50 per hammer and NASA paid $600.00 per toilet seat.

I am enclosing four (4) toilets seats (valued at $2400.00 and six (6) hammers valued @ $1,029.00) which I secured at Home Depot, bringing my total remittance to $3,429.00.

Please apply the overpayment of $22.00 to the "Presidential Election Fund" as noted on my return.

You can do this inexpensively by sending them one (1) 1.5' Phillips Head Screw (see aforementioned USA Today article detailing how H.U.D. pays $22.00 each for 1.5' Phillips Head Screws.)

One screw is enclosed for your convenience. It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year and I look forward to paying it again next year.

Sincerely,
A Satisfied Tax Payer


I received this from a friend and thought you might enjoy it on this April 15th! B



3 comments:

Laura said...

I am loving it!!!!

laura.elizabeth said...

Uncle Sam was actually kind to us this year- we didn't have to pay a dime. Funny how them taking a 1000 dollars a month for 12 months and then not asking for more is a good thing. Humm. Anyway, Happy Tax day!

V and Co. said...

ahahahaha! love it! and welcome back by the way you were missed!