Thursday, June 19, 2008

Baby Hazel Needs Us Again


Hazel needs us still ~ is probably a better title for this posting. Just when things start to even out~ up pops the fever again. She has been having a low grade fever a lot since I was there a month ago. She got the two little teeth and then the virus, so that accounted for some of it but my theory (theory only) is that she has an infection that is being kept at bay by her daily antibiotics but every once in awhile they just aren't cutting it. So the doctors really need to find the source of the problem soon.

I was thinking that maybe all of you that will be fasting on Fast Sunday might be able to include her in your fast. I think combining our faith can produce miracles and we need some. What we need specifically are prayers for an accurate diagnosis and cure so she can be well and rid of this fever once an for all. Her other problems are challenging enough without being sick on top of them. It is just heartbreaking because she is so little and so sweet and innocent. We should also add some prayers for Jen and Lowell that they can have the strength and peace they need through it all. They are real pillars but even pillars get tired of carrying the weight over time.

They are up in Salt Lake at Primary Children's tonight trying to decide what to do. I'll let you know tomorrow what I find out from Jen.

~Salt Lake Temple Grounds~
Hazel's name is on the prayer rolls of the Oakland Temple.
If anyone wants to add her to their local Temple rolls it would be greatly appreciated.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Hazel will be in our heart, thoughts and prayers, and we will definately be fasting for her this weekend. I hope they can find the source of her fevers.

Julie said...

I will keep them all in my prayers and fast fore them....it breaks my heart that such a little beauty has to go through so much.

V and Co. said...

same here...i'll fast on sunday also

Bonnie said...

You are so sweet, we can just all do it together on Fast Sunday in July. This is going to be a long haul thing it looks like. I thought I'd have Laura ask her branch in Italy, we'll ask our Singles' ward, and maybe our friends from our home ward and all send up our fasting effort on the same day. However, whenever is best for you is good for Hazel too.

D and C said...

She is deffinantly in our prayers!!! We love you guys. Thank you so much for all of your awesome comments Bonnie, you really are the best, and I love being able to keep in touch more through the world of blogging, but we should still do lunch sometime!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Bonnie said...

Thanks to all of you!

Deanna, I am glad you enjoy the comments. I figure there is a golden rule about comments~do unto others... I love it when people comment on my blog so I want to make them happy too. Besides people go to a great deal of effort just to let me know what is new for them and I am very interested in their lives~so I usually have something to say. It helps me feel connected while on this 'everlasting' call in the YSA ward. Also I am not a big phone person so blogging is perfect for me. Lunch it is! Anytime! Love you..B

Jen Stewart said...

Thanks to everyone. Hazel is doing better day by day, she only had a tiny fever today so I hope that means no fever tomorrow! We'll keep you posted and thanks for all the prayers and thoughts and fasting! Love you all!