Monday, June 2, 2008

The Plural of I

Yesterday Jim and were discussing our 40 years of marriage and thought about something that has given us a huge sense of unity. We often hear married couples talking about my son, my daughter, my house, my car, etc. I did this, I have that, etc.

We have tried to always say we, our and us and it makes a big difference about how we feel about each other, our marriage, our lives and our unity. Speaking singularly is divisive when you think about it. It is small thing that makes a big difference over time.

Unity

8 comments:

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

love it!! I'm going to add this to our "we are one" which means what one of us says - both of us say. Love the hand holding picture! Let's take some of those.

Laura said...

Thanks for the great thought!!! Small things often make the difference!

Laura said...

I rented PS I Love you at the same time as 27 Dresses. Brandon refused to watch PS I Love you with me, so I will have to watch it some other time alone. I have heard RAVE revues about it.

Bonnie said...

Jim is not a big fan of chick flicks in general but he really liked PS I Love You. It is a good and different story and the photography of Ireland is over the top gorgeous!

Jen Stewart said...

This is awesome! We love you! happy 40th!

Laura said...

Sorry for all my comments, I should email you, but oh well. Do you have picasa (for photos?) If it is on your desktop, you can do collages, etc. through that. One of the options is the "Brady Bunch" effect that I did for my blog. You can "hold" photos you want for your collage or whatever, and then picasa will put them into a formation.

Jim said...

The BIG 40th Anniversary week-end-get-a-way begins in just 11 days.

laura.elizabeth said...

I love this mom. Robert and I try to do this too. I often catch myself referring to "me" as "we". It is kind of silly of me I know but I think "we" is really important too! Life is all about the little things- isn't it? Happy 40th Guys- we love you!