Saturday, June 21, 2008

The "E" Word

The Importance of Walking

"Walking can add minutes to your life. This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional five months in a nursing home at $7,000 plus per month. All this allows you to spend down your children's inheritance in the lap of luxury and leisure. My grandpa started walking five miles a day at 60. Now he is 97 years old and we don't know where he is. I really like long walks, especially when they are taken by people that annoy me. The only reason I would take up walking is to hear heavy breathing again. I have to walk early in the morning before my brain figures out what I am doing. I joined a health club last year and spent about 400 bucks. Haven't lost a pound. Apparently you have to actually go there for the benefits!The advantage of exercising daily is that when you die someone will pass by your coffin and say, "Wow, she looks good, doesn't she?" I know I got a lot of exercise these past few years just by getting over the hill. We all get a lot heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads and so much more love in our hearts." Author unknown.

OK, Lanette, I'm on it! But you better say I look good when you walk by my............OK, I'm out the door! I am committing to early mornings before it gets too hot ( and my brain won't know what I am doing.) Celebrating 30 years of no air-conditioning over here!

~Too Hot to be Cool~
Or is it
~Too Cool to Be Hot~
Well, it's one of those anyway.....

3 comments:

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

You've made me so happy....and you are hot and it's cool!

Jen Stewart said...

I loe walking, it makes me so happy. THe canyons here are the best for LONG walks...almost as good as a beach!

laura.elizabeth said...

You are one funny lady. And yes, you are exceedingly cool.