Saturday, June 28, 2008

Utah~Dessert Rose

We will be going to the Ronald Mc Donald House this afternoon. I was not a blogger when Hazel was born in September so I am looking forward to revisiting it through blogger's eyes. It is a positively amazing experience to stay there.

Pink & Yellow Cactus Flower Found in Utah!

I am beginning to feel like Utah is my home away from home. It seems that the flight over here is becoming like a commute. I really do love it here. The mountains are so beautiful and the overall atmopshere is relaxed and friendly. It just feels so much safer and a happier place to be. Of course the best part is being with the kids. I wish my sweetheart was here too.

Right now I am watching Hazie while the family has gone out to lunch and a movie. They needed the break and I am happy to be here in Hazie's room, just the two of us doing the Gramma/Baby thing. I have taken a bunch of pictures but have no way to download them right now. Hazel is doing much better the last few hours. They have put her on a heavy weight antibiotic called Vanco and she is showing improvement after 24hrs. She is also a little allergic to it so they are using benedryl to combat that. She is a little flushed and her eyes are itchy. It seems all things have opposition of some sort. I know that is part of the plan for earth life. It would be nice if babies were exempt.

She has smiled a few times this afternoon and taken a bottle with gusto, both signs of improvement. Keep sending those beautiful prayers up for her~they are working.

I saw a little quote somewhere that reminded me of Hazie,

"Who needs legs~
when you have wings?"


She is such a little angel in every way! She truly is Baby Halo!

9 comments:

Jim said...

I am happy that you are there...but I miss you here!!
Give everyone a big hug for me.
Love to all.
Love, Dad

Emily said...

You are an amazing woman, Bonnie. Your love for your family is so strong and clear...you are someone I truly look up to. I will miss you terribly when the day comes for you and Jim to leave Concord for Utah. Hazel is one lucky little angel to have your love, prayers, and Grandma support. I will continue to pray for Hazel, Jen, Lowell, and all the rest of the family.
Love you....Emily

Jen Stewart said...

Awww...so sweet! We're glad you are here mom. Dad we can't wait to see you in a few days!

V and Co. said...

how long are you going to be in utah? i'm going to be up there on the 3rd through the 6th. maybe i can give you a hug in person if you are going to be at jen's house? :) we will continue to pray for hazel...i really wish the doctors would jut magically all of a sudden figure out what's been causing the fevers!

mandy* said...

We love little Hazel and are praying for her and all of you. I'm glad you are there to support Jen & Co. Give our love to all.

Laura said...

Glad you are there safely! I am so happy that Hazel is doing better! I love the quote!

CA Poppy said...

Know that our prayers are withyou and your beautiful family.

girlsmama said...

We are just a few blocks away from Jen and Lowell's. Kim can get a hold of us if we can do anything for you all. Meals, babysitting, a ride, a stitchery pattern, anything, let us know!
Jessica

Sally said...

Thanks for the updates! We're praying for Hazel! Glad you can be there for Jen and the family, please let me know if I can do anything!