Monday, July 21, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

PCMC Vortex

I have returned to PCMC this morning. Hmmm..the concept of a vortex comes to mind. The dictionary has several definitions of vortex...I like this one: "something regarded as drawing into its powerful current everything that surrounds it:"

We have been drawn in but we are fighting the tendency to get grumpy, lethargic, and depressed. This time we have two laptops, one I-pod, TV a DVD player and some colorful, inspiring magazines. The trouble is that you never can really get into any of that stuff for any significant amount of time as is evident by the fact I have been on this post for about 30 minutes already and we have had three visits from doctors and nurses.

Today Hazel is having an MRI of her brain and spine just to rule out anything going on there. I am convinced it is a urinary problem as I stated yesterday and today when Jen asked them when they plan to call in a pediatric urologist they said they had been thinking about that. All of a sudden they are acting like..what a great idea. Hello.


Hazel has been running a fever off and on..mostly on since Mother's Day. She has now been hospitalized for one month as of yesterday. She did go home for a few days as you know but ran the fever everyday she was there. So something's up! As I see it, the only thing that is up for sure and the only ray of light in here is that Hazel is such a remarkable little girl. When the rest of us have totally had it, she has a smile! She is the only one not sucked up by the vortex of the hospital! As an adult it is quite humbling to constantly be learning from a baby!

So we need your prayers here still. We want to work a miracle around here and get out from under this pressing rock, ignore the pull of the hospita
l vortex, pray like crazy, and have faith in the Lord to help us find out what is wrong. He has given us a little angel that is showing us the way. Relax, Let go and Know He is in Charge! If Hazie can do it, so can we!

4 comments:

Julie said...

It is such an interesting thing how much being in the hospital as the adult effects ones psyche. When we were spending so much time in the hospital I really had to live in the moment for my own sanity. I made it a point when I got to be outside to just let my senses run wild, listening, smelling, touching, seeing/watching, and even tasting. I know that this is about the baby but you all need to take care of yourselves too. You are all still in my prayers.

Bonnie said...

You are so right, Julie! Thank you for all the support you have been giving us. It really helps to have people's comments~this can be a very isolating experience. I know people are getting tired of reading this story over and over but it is what it is. This is our life~hopefully more exciting and good things will crop up soon. Thank you for your friendship~maybe I can meet you in real life someday soon. I sure hope so.

rwmjs said...

Sweet, sweet, precious!

Barbara said...

What a fabulous smile--Hazel is so cute. Love the shirt!