Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I Love Mornings


Sunrise

I know many of you have heard me say this before but, I truly LOVE mornings. I think they are one of God's greatest gifts to us. So many times we fall in bed exhausted from the day, hope waining, etc. A good night's sleep and the fresh morning air and the dawn of a new day just seem to make all the difference to me.

Can you even imagine if our lives were one long day? There would be no night, no rest, no new beginnings and no do overs? Ugh! It kind of reminds me of life at the hospital! It is almost like night time is the "repentance" for the long hard day and we all get to begin again, fresh and new, filled with faith and the will to press on.

I often take note of when that last moment of morning comes, the last dew drop melts and it is day time. There seems to be a definite moment when that happens and the magical early morning air is completely gone and it is day. I am happy to be an early riser so I don't miss much of it. That is also when I get most of my work done. I had a friend once that said. " an ounce of morning is worth a pound of afternoon." I couldn't agree more! I am truly an early bird, how about you? Are you a lark or a nightengale?

4 comments:

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

You know I'm a morning person - not quite as early as you but 5:15 is my out of bed time. Especially with these hot days - the mornings are amazing!

Laura said...

I am SO glad baby Hazel is doing so much better! We will keep our fingers crossed, or better yet, we will keep praying!!! I love your picture---very inspiring. I need to take more moments to enjoy the beauty of what God provides us on a daily basis!

Sally said...

Wow, inspiring! I truly WISH I was a morning person, but alas, I love the night, a definite night owl! So what time do you go to bed?

Glad Hazel is doing better!

Julie said...

I tend to love nights!! I have since I was a little girl and I look forward to them every day!!