Monday, July 28, 2008

What's Up With The Winkee?

From Simply Stated
Accessories | Lingerie | Time-Saving Solutions
Multiply Your Wardrobe With A Winkee

"I am so impressed with the Winkee ($15-$16 at TheWinkee.com), because it offers a solution to one of the eternal challenges of summer: dressing modestly enough for work and other daytime activities without piling on the layers and inviting all those meticulously chosen clothes to become a sweaty disaster. For low-cut tops that usually require camisoles (or banishment to the “maybe some day” part of your closet), the Winkee is just perfect.



Winkee

Here’s how it works:Position the triangle part of the Winkee in the middle of your bra. Fasten the longer pieces of fabric onto bra straps with the included stickers (“Winkeedots”), and you're sporting an instantly higher neckline; no bunching, no extra layers."

I was doing fine with this until I came to the highlighted
part of the next paragraph.


"And if your top isn’t objectively too low-cut just too low-cut for, say, a board meeting - you can easily duck off to the ladies’ room and un-stick your Winkee before dinner. When folded up, it’s smaller than a running sock."

For some reason this struck me as silly and sad.Why does anyone think it is OK to be immodest over dinner? Says a lot about why people dress as they do. Fashion industry take note! Not every woman is into this notion of showing all to every Tom, Dick, and Harry, or Sue for that matter,
that comes along! We shouldn't be needing the Winkee
in the first place.


8 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like a breast thong to me! Even funnier if the "Winkeedots" come undone and you find your winkee around ears!

See you Wednesday...

Emily

Sara said...

That is funny! I went to the website and decided you could make your own with a fancy pair of thongs and some dots from the craft section...why didn't I think of this first!

Barbara said...

Wow, what a great idea! I think any fancy pair of panties can be turned into a Winkee...by the way, who thought up that name?

Bonnie said...

Ralphie, I have no idea who came up with the Winkee or how it got its name. Anything that makes women more modest and self-respecting is a good thing. To me the ironic thing is that women know enough to realize that at board meetings it is inappropriate but at dinner it is OK?? Yet another quirk in the thinking of our society.

beth said...

that name is awesome. i just want to buy them to say i am wearing a winkee. or i have my winkee under my shirt...silly!

Jen Stewart said...

I love this. I hate to admit that the twins get loose more often than I'd care to mention. I need a winkie!

Bonnie said...

I actually gasped today when I was in Rite Aid and looked down and saw my own undies poking out of my shirt. Yikes...I need one too and it is not coming off at dinner!

laura.elizabeth said...

My major objection here is the name. I mean really, who goes to the store and says, "can you tell me where I can find the winkee's?" THat is just a little too much for me.

Ditto on the whole modesty thing. I have never seen so many bare butts, breasts, and belly's in my life and it have completely had it! Honestly people- cover it up already!