Friday, July 11, 2008

Blogjacked from Laura~Spencer's Creativity!


For the last 10 months or so I have tried really hard not to mention much about the trash problem we have here in Naples- I figured that 1. talking about it won't make make the problem go away 2. It makes me mad (sad, frustrated, disgusted, etc.) every time I think about it and 3. you simply can not comprehend how bad it is until you have experienced.

However... yesterday on our way to Carney Park we passed a section of road lined with garbage- it was rather stinky so I said to the boys, "Hey guys, can you smell that stinky Naples air?" Spencer said, "Yeah Mom- its gross!" then he starts singing a "song" that he made up about the garbage. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry that he had noticed the problem enough to make up a song about it but I promised him I would blog about it anyway, so here it


Trash, Trash all over Naples,

Trash, Trash all over Naples

On the sidewalks, on the street,

Always under my two feet!

On the mountains, on the cars,

All the way from earth to Mars!

You can find it everywhere

except in garbage cans!



4 comments:

CA Poppy said...

That is absolutely brillant and to think that he was inspired by garbage. How great to have a songwriter in our midst.

mandy* said...

I love that song!

Laura said...

I saw this on Laura's and had to laugh---so creative, and TRUE. I would've never thought there would be a garbage problem in Naples. So, it is quite the different view of Italy!

Bonnie said...

It is basically only in the Naples area and has to do with the powers that be that "run" the going on there.