Friday, August 8, 2008

Fruit Pizza

Cooking with Your Kids - Fruit Pizza

Finding fun and yummy recipes for my children are what keeps them loving me and Fruit Pizza is no exception! This recipe is delicious for any age but is especially fun if you want a little helping hand. When my kiddos help me cook something up, they just can't wait to taste it!

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 roll frozen sugar cookie dough (buy it or from scratch)
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 4 Tbsp. juice
  • Fresh fruit of your choice (can be canned but drained) You could also use the juice from this for your 4Tbsp. of juice.
  • Nuts, coconut, or marshmallows (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

Soften and spread dough to fit 9×13 cake pan or pizza pan. Combine cream cheese, sugar, and juice. Spread over cooled cookie dough. Sprinkle with fruit of your choice. (Optional: Add nuts, coconut, or marshmallows on the top) Refrigerate and serve cold!


Laura, I thought this might be a fun dessert for Spencer to enjoy. Besides, it's pizza and you are in Italy! Darn it, come home soon!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Fruit pizza is so good! I haven't had it in forever...now I want some!

I have to agree about New Orleans in August...it is a mistake I make year after year, I don't think I will ever learn my lesson...I think it is the beneigts. I crave them and they call my name, and the hot humid weather never crosses my mind until I get out of my air conditioned car in the parking lot. It's definately worth it though!! :)

Jen Stewart said...

Looks good. I want to make this now too!