Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Movie Review


Nights In Rodanthe. I saw it this afternoon. I should never reveal this but once in awhile I just sneak off to the movies in broad daylight alone and love it! Today was a little too alone though. I was the only person in the theatre for all the previews. That was a little creepy to say the least. I kept peering over my shoulders to see if there was a freaky slasher hiding behind my row of seats. When the movie started up another two people came in so that was great.

I must have a lot of pent tears inside of me lately because every movie, tender song, great speech, makes me cry. Do you know anyone else that cried in Mamma Mia, I ask you? And not just at the end either!

This movie has a good story and is a great character study of two people. I really enjoyed it and the scenery, cinematography, etc. Both Richard Gere and Diane Lane were amazingly good in this film. I actually liked it better than the book and that is unusual. Movies are like a Calgon Bath for me they just take me away to another time and place. I have been needing that a lot lately it seems for reasons I am too exhausted to analyze.

3 comments:

mandy* said...

I love going to the movies by myself. I get to pick the movie. I get to decide what time I arrive. I get to pick the seat. It's great!!! I used to do it before I had little Cohey. Now I want to go to the movies!

Laura said...

It is always good to see a good movie. I just saw Women, but don't know that I would suggest it. Had some interesting themes, but also had some annoyances.

I love a good movie review.

On another topic, things are going well, I miss certain things like soda and bread. The soda thing has been fine, surprisingly. Bread---rough. As you can tell from my blog I am a bit fixated on the food right now, probably due to this. Anyway----only time will tell -- so far, inches are gone, but not as much as I would've like besides that. Sorry for all the randomness, I wish we were next door neighbors also. I would love to see your smiling face and go out on little outings at times, and chat it up in person more!!!

Sally said...

Bonnie, Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love your daughter, Jen. She was an angel in my life! Your blog is so fun to read, you have great insights and ideas!

And guess who else bawled her eyes out in Mamma Mia....yep, me. The song "slipping through my fingers" just tugs the heart strings, but I cry at everything!