Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Simple Pleasures

~Simple Pleasures~

IMG_0422.JPG

I like a simple little house
With flowers by the door,

An ample larder for my needs

And not much more in store.


Gingerbread cupcakes

View

I like a window toward the sun
And doors that open wide,
The trickle of a bath for birds
With feathered friends beside.


Birdbath

Tea

I like a tidy nook inside
Where my books and slippers lie,
A cup for tea, a magazine,
A warming hearth nearby.


Hearth

Keys

I like some trinkets on the sills,
White ruffles at the panes,
The comfort of a sturdy roof
To shelter me from rains.


Watergarden

Window

I like the cozy ambiance,
A place of sweet retreat
Where life unfolds along the way
And each new day's a treat!

-Virginia Borman Grimmer

Sunflower


I found this sweet poem in a recently thrifted Ideals magazine. Feel free to share it on your blog, along with pictures from your own simple little house!

0 comments: