Wednesday, November 26, 2008

16 To 61 Happy Birthday, James!


There is something so fascinating about watching the life of another person up close and personal over decades. I also find it beyond amazing that you can find a cute guy at 16 and fall in love having absolutely no clue what you are getting into for the long haul. What can you possibly really know at that young age about yourself, let alone another person. All I can say is that I was really blessed to fall in love, date and marry a really exceptional person through no brilliance or foresight of my own! I am grateful for divine inspiration in that decision. I am so proud of you and all you are and have become and still have left to do in this life. It is wonderful to be with you and share it with you! Happy Birthday! You light up my life and are the best at all you do.

Grampa and Piper


Jim wanted to have Lee and his good buddy, Dave and his mom over for dinner tonight. I told him I would cook anything he wanted but turkey. Hmmm, this comes as no surprise to those who know him well, he picked the Holy Schmidt Soup! (This soup has gotten its name from this post, my personal nomination for the funniest post of the year!) He would eat this everyday if I let him. That is another story which I will definitely be est post of the year.)blogging about one day soon. But it is his birthday and he got to choose so that was what we had with salad, sour dough french bread and I even made a little cake~a ginger bread cake and it was pretty tasty. To our kids, he was very happy with his presents from you all. He loved all the letters from the grandkids and the biking shirt and the book on tape from our Italy kids. I gave him Jade East Obsession and three shirts. It was a fun little party.

So a big shout out to you, Jim Bob! Happy 61 more!

On a more serious note: I have seen God's hand in our journey together over and over again and am so grateful for all of his blessings so richly given to us in this life we have together. Happy Birthday Jim Bob! I love you, Babe, and wish you the very best always! Just yesterday I read this quote.

"You Cannot Turn Back the Clock But You Certainly Can Rewind It!"

If there was ever anyone that is good at the rewind~it is you! May your energy and enthusiasm for life stay with you forever. I am looking forward to celebrating your birthday tonight and throughout the long weekend. I love it that we get time off to be together every year around your birthday! There is so much to be thankful for now and always. Our future is bright!

Anyone else care to wish Jim a Happy Birthday today along with me?

6 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Jim!!! That is awesome---I hadn't realized you met at 16. God has his hand in all these things. What a blessing.

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

Happy Birthday Jim! If I could choose anyone to be on my team it would be you! Thanks for all you've done for our boys and for us - there are no words to express our love and admiration - you're simply the best!!

Jen Stewart said...

Happy Birthday Dad! Hope you have a great day. We miss you and love you tons. CAn't wait to see you in a few weeks for Christmas! Love you!

Lowell said...

Jim... Happy Birthday! I'm looking forward to your next visit... we need to plan us another adventure... maybe some more snowshoeing? Or an igloo overnighter? You name it. Hope your birthday is great!

Monica said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!! You are an amazing person, thanks for always looking out for my boys they love and respect you more than you know! Have a great birthday.

CA Poppy said...

Happy Birthday my friend. We have been richly influenced an dblessed by our association with you, and so have our sons. Thank you for your never-ending example and attitude of goodness, righteousness, and steadfastness.
Hugs and Kisses,
Alan and Michelle
(However, I still bet it gets better than this.)

Hey Bro. Mattson, this is Jacob, and I also wanted to wish you a happy birthday. I cant believe you are 61! It seems like just yesterday we were biking to Dublin, with Dave in tow. Ha ha actually it was me. I think we will have to do that again. I also wanted to let you know that I have developed a taste for plain yogurt. And I never thought that would happen. Again, have a happy birthday and another great year. Love, Jacob