Saturday, December 20, 2008

Blog Cookery~Roasted Veggies

OK this is my last blog cookery for awhile I don't want that cowgirl blogger to feel intimidated! (Yeahrite!) Along with our entree for our family dinner tomorrow we are serving some roasted vegetables. I got this recipe from my friend, Barb, she is my cooking guru! This is like the best new thing I have cooked in a long, long time. We tried it out tonight to make sure our oven was cooking hot enough, to see if the seasoning was right and to taste it. Jim went into his moaning mode which is usually only reserved for his favorite Holy Schmidt (there is a story) soup!

First I peeled all these little pearl onions.

I thought they looked so pretty in the bowl with
the sun streaming into the kitchen onto them

These are the veggies on the jelly roll pan prior to roasting~
I will spread them out a little more tomorrow.

Next I added all the other things into a bag and put some olive oil in to coat them. The other things were, fingerling potatoes, carrots, garlic cloves, hazelnuts, sage, fresh rosemary, sea salt and cracked pepper. After they were coated I spread them out on a jelly roll pan. I had preheated the over to 450 degrees, popped them in the oven and walked away for 20-25 minutes. They were absolutely delicious! The timing was great and the seasoning so perfect. I am not one to spare on the spices. The only thing I will alter for tomorrow is that I won't add in the hazelnuts until about ten minutes into the process. They were a little too dark for our liking

4 comments:

Connie said...

yumm-eeeeee! I'm going to try that soon! Where did you get all your fancy-schmansy veggies? Fingerling potatoes? Huh? Anyway, I am inspired...thanks for sharing.

Have a wonderful weekend, Bon!
OH--and thanks for the Holy Schmidt soup comment. I laughed OUT LOUD!!!

Bonnie said...

The fingerlings came from Trader Joe's but little red new potatoes would work well too.

I will never get over Schmidt! Giggling still!

mandy* said...

Roasted veggies are my FAVORITE! Mark and I usually eat them once or twice a week.

girlsmama said...

I love all the recipe posts! I can't wait to try the cheese balls!