Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Wal*Mart....What????

I was shocked by the BIGNESS of Wal*Mart...are you?

Exactly how BIG is Wal*Mart, you ask?



1. At Wal*Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day!

2. This Works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wall*Mart will sell more between January 1 and St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells in a year.

4. Wal*Mart is bigger than Home Depot, Kroger, Target, Sears, Costco and K-Mart combined.

5. Wal*Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer. And many cannot speak English.

6. Wal*Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.


7. Wal*Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.

8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy (including Winn-Dixie)

9. Wal*Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal*Mart has approximately 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1906 are super centers; this is 1,000 more than they had 5 years ago.

11. 90% of Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal*Mart store.

12. And My personal favorite..Wal*Mart tidbit. It is estimated that 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal*Mart store this year. The Earth's population is approximately 6.2 billion. Mind Boggling!

Bright Idea!

May I suggest that maybe Wal*Mart could bail out Wal*Street?
Merry Christmas Shopping!

P.S.

Meet Maddie~this is a child with a fantastic imagination! She has made herself her own little unitard from her mommy's shopping bag from Wal*Mart! Click here to read Laura's blog post from today. Kind of odd that we both posted about Wal*Mart today. Seems like everyone loves a little Wal*Mart experience!

6 comments:

Sally said...

Wow, that's crazy! I like the bail out idea but how about paying off everyone's mortgages? Bailing out the middle class!!!

I love Wal*Mart...

girlsmama said...

I unfortunately am a major contributor to those numbers. At this stage in my life, the convenience is worth it! I love your Bright Idea! I think I'll send our senator a link to your blog!

Bonnie said...

I love Wal*Mart too. I think the success is just phenomenal. I think it sends a huge message that price counts. I wish we had a super Wal*Mart here but I understand all the politics behind why we don't.

I say for the middle class and below we need to get our savings where we can. Let the chips fall where they may. 3 cheers for Walmart and Sams. Paying off mortgges would be cool too. Not gonna happen but it is nice to dream, isn't it?

CA Poppy said...

Hey we have a walmart in Ft Mac! My neighbor made curtains for most of her house from the discount fabric bin@ $i.00 a yd. Now shopping at this Walmart is a different experience but it's really the only game in town.

Jen Stewart said...

I love the pic of Maddie! That is so funny!

Deanna said...

I buy groceries at Wal-Mart and wouldn't trade anywhere else. Okay, I do go to Whole Foods and to World Market but only for those hard to find items.

Maddie is ready for her own blog....Frugal Maddie's Guide To Using Wal-Mart Plastic Bags 1001 Ways.

Smiles,
Deanna :P