Monday, January 26, 2009

Blissfully Domestic Publication~Guest Rooms


I have recently started to do some writing again for Blissfully Domestic now that things are settling down again after the holidays. You are probably going...holidays? What? That is a distant memory for most of you. Well long story short, my Christmas tree is still up. Yup. That will teach me to procrastinate. When I was 35 this would have put me over the brink...but now I realize it isn't earth shattering after all.

Poor Jim hurt his back three week ago and with a herniated disc I do not want him to even lift a garbage bag. He is getting better but I'll let you know if I have to hang shamrocks on the tree. At least all the other Christmas stuff is packed up and stacked neatly in the guest room. That all has to go in the attic and so it all takes both of us to get it up there.

The moral of the story is: "Never put off until tomorrow what you should be doing today!" So anyhoo, here's my article on Guest Room Amenities (which do not include boxes of Christmas junk, incidentally.)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Last Friday we finally put Christmas away. It is a bit sad to know it will be another 345 days or so until next Christmas. I hope your husband feels better soon!!! Much love, Laura

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deanna said...

Hi Hun! I'm sorry to hear about Jim's back. I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

I tried going to the website but I keep getting multiple screens. All I got to see was a lovely bed...I might have to defrag..blah blah blah the laptop! I'll try it again later.

Tree is almost put away...lol

Love ya,
Deanna :)

Neabear said...

I checked out your guest room article. It is great. A nightlight is an excellent idea. One home we stayed in recently had an air mattress bed for us. They don't really have an guest room. But there is a step up to get to the bathroom. I fell one of the nights there because I missed the step. My hubby heard a noise, woke up and did not see me. He got up to see what he heard and there I was on the floor. Fortunately I was okay. But a nightlight that somehow lighted the step would have helped. I wrote down your suggestions on an index card and filed it in my index card box (brain) in case we live where there is space for a guest room. Currently we don't have room for a guest room. Thanks for linking to your article!