Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Jennifer's Brownie


I thought this was such a sweet post that our Jen did on 1-3-09 about her dad that I just wanted to include it here on my blog for those of you that may not visit hers regularly. Her Dad is crazy about her and for good reason!
My Own Personal Brownie

So you know what a Brownie is right? It's a little male fairy that lives in the homes of humans and helps them with chores and fixing things. They do all of this at night while the humans sleep and like to be rewarded with little bits of food. It is also rumored that if you leave them proper ingredients they will make you lovely treats in the middle of the night. Yummmm!

ANYway-I really do have my own personal Brownie! He doesn't live here but he does visit a few times a year and really makes my life a lot easier. I wake up and the garbage is out, the dishwasher is empty, the laundry is folded and ready to be put away. Everything stays more tidy when he's here and all kinds of little things around the house mysteriously get fixed. He even does magical things like cleaning out my garage and organizing my junk room! Really-it's pure heaven!

So why don't I invite this fabulous helper to move in as a permanent part of the family? Well...he has more demanding work to be done in California where he lives with my mom!
Thanks Dad!

Laura also snagged this from her sister's post about
their dad and added this photo and this message.

"If you know our Dad or if you ever have had the
privileged of getting to know him- you can
testify he is a BROWNIE like no other!
Love you Dad!"

Is that called double snagging?

4 comments:

Connie said...

And that Brownie of hers helps a LOT of other people as well! What a blessing you both have been to so many of us.

Neabear said...

That is so cool! My dad used to fix things for me. He is getting to the point where he can't really do that much anymore. But I sure appreciated it when he could.

Deanna said...

I love it! What a dear tribute. Sometimes I wonder if my own father knows how much I have appreciated him. I should tell him.

Thank you for sharing that tender post.

Love,
Deanna

laura.elizabeth said...

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto. Can I get a piece of that brownie in Ital- PLEASE! I love you Dad.