Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kitchen Facelift at the Cottage

In the next month or so we will begin our kitchen face lift plans. I have been thinking about how to keep things cottage-like, make the redesign as financially painless as possible and still create a beautiful new look. I love white cabinetry. I think it is just so refreshing and light and fits well in our setting. So we want to keep our cabinets and just replace the doors and hardware. New paint will make them look great and I do want one of the cabinets to have glass in the doors with lights to display dishes. This will suit our needs perfectly and be way less expensive than new cabinets. We definitely need new counter tops. I am excited about that and am hoping for Silestone, Granite or Honed Marble, and am also hoping for a farm sink and a great faucet. Our current appliances will do just fine. And we are keeping our flooring. We will also be replacing windows and light fixtures, hopefully. I am thinking about a buttery yellow for the walls but still am open to ideas there. I just want it to have a fresh, clean look. The very thought of it all is so exciting.

I love this sink!


I fell in love with this kitchen! It was posted on Melissa's theinspiredroom.net and referenced the redesign at this site.

This kitchen is similar in style to what we want and it was interesting to see the thought processes the home owners went through in keeping the same feel while updating their older home. Check out the two sites if you like to look at kitchen redesigns. I am in my glory. Can't wait to get under way! It is fun to look at what others have done to get inspiration but the best part is doing your own thing!

6 comments:

CA Poppy said...

I saw this kitchen too and thought that it would suit your style. I vote for the honed marble counters.

Laura said...

What a fun project!!!! There is nothing like a sparkling, fresh looking kitchen. Can't wait to see pictures of what you do.

Connie said...

You MUST know that I am drooling over here....What a gorgeous kitchen! You could just pick that exact kitchen up and drop it right into your house--Perfect match!!! I love, love, love it and am excited to live vicariously through your remodel. Go, Bon!!!!

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

I agree - that is perfect for your kitchen! I love the sink too and new windows will be so beautiful there in your kitchen. Maybe Connie and I can peek in and make sure you're OK....

Deanna said...

I wish I could be there to help you. I can wield a hammer just as good as any man! LOL

I love that sink. I want one of those too. When we do buy our house I know that I will probably Deanna it up. I want my own appliances, my own doorknobs...etc. I can't wait to see your end results. Be sure to post as you go along.

All of my love,
Deanna :)

Deanna said...

Oh! LOL..I just saw what kind of flower you are. Lovely. I have never heard of that flower. I wonder how many flowers there are on that quiz. I've seen Roses, Daisy's..I'd not seen your flower though..you might be one of the very few with that flower! I've seen tons of daffodils!

Deanna :)