Tuesday, January 6, 2009

More Juggling


The thing I want to do now is to make some broad categories of my life where I am always striving to make improvements For my purposes, I'll call them the "juggling balls" after carefully considering the options. Yikes, how my mind does wander! Anyway...the categories!

These are the TEN I came up with for me:

Spiritual Health and Growth
Physical Health
Emotional Health & Joy
Family
Finances
Environmental & Temporal Stewardship
Sociality & Community
Career & Education
Service
Cultural Enrichment & Travel

Some of them are overlapping of course but now I think I can evaluate what the long and short range goals in each should be for me personally. I'll write those down and then pick some to work on each month. I don't want to make it too complicated and I feel like breaking it down will help me focus and monitor it better. Then I want to go back to the SMART post ideas and implement them.

Now that I have these categories I can be specific about the progress and growth I'd like to see, I can measure it and I can get away from those nagging generalities like, "I want to be a better person", "I'd like to lose weight" etc.

One thing I know for sure...If you don't change something~nothing will change! Then you'll always get what you always got!

I don't know if this is making any sense to anyone else but it is helping me! Tomorrow I'll tell you more about the binder.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Bonnie my sweetheart, I have an award waiting for you.

Hugs,
Deanna

mandy* said...

It makes total sense to me!