Saturday, January 24, 2009

Reality Bites!

Last week one night I watched P.S. I Love You again. You have probably all seen it but if not..do! It stars Hillary Swank and Gerard Butler. The scenery of the parts filmed in Ireland are absolutely gorgeous. Kathy Bates is good in it too and then there's Harry Connick, Jr. I really enjoy this movie and this is one of the reasons why. I had never seen "him" before and what a delightful discovery!

Jeffrey Dean Morgan

This guy is so darn handsome and I was just thinking he is a mix between Tom Selleck and George Clooney. I love the character he plays in the movie. He does a great Irish accent. He has a 'to die for' smile and is some beautiful eye candy. The thought came to me that I should find out more about him after I oogled him on the big screen, so I Googled him my other screen!

Well, you can imagine my utter horror when I discovered he was born the year after Jim and I graduated from high school and realized we are old enough to be his parents! Well, all I can say is reality bites! Hard!

Oh well, that is why I love movies! They can take me away better than a Calgon bath! It is wonderful that God has planned aging in such a way that it sneaks up on you and in your heart and mind you can still feel like a silly teenager. He is a loving God!

Is it just me, ladies, or is this Jeffrey Dean Morgan one drop dead gorgeous male? If I see no affirming comments then I 'll just keep him as mine, K?


5 comments:

Laura said...

That would be a great movie to watch this weekend. Thanks for the idea---once again. It sounds great!!!

Deanna said...

I have never seen that film. I'll have to watch it for sure.

I'm staying true to my Eye Candy- Mark Ruffalo. I'm a one man woman!! LOL

Deanna :)

Bonnie said...

He is a cutie too, Deanna!

Sara said...

Such a FANTASTIC movie! You are not alone ... he is on my list of eye candy too!

Deanna said...

Here I am again! I just got home from work and my puppies are tired but I just can't stop wearing those high heels!

Bonnie, I know that we will meet someday. I know that when I see you face to face I'll probably start bawling like a big baby..(I'm already getting teary-eyed). When we do lose the weight and reach our goal, I would like to make plans to meet you.

I'm short..about 5'2 and 5'4 with my heels on. My sisters call me Apple. I have long slender legs (from being in ballet for 6 years) but thats the only thing that's slender! Okay, maybe my arms aren't too bad either. I didn't start gaining weight until the mid 90's. I always hovered around 119 to 125. Marshall and I were both slender when we met. He was skinny, lanky and had very red hair. Now he's as big as a football player with gray hair! I guess we just let ourselves go. LOL!

Anyway, it is great having you and Lanette and my leader, at WW here in San Antonio, cheering me on. It's like my own private cheerleading squad! I love Lanettes video. I made her turkey wrap for breakfast this morning. YUM!She is such a darling lady.

You have been such a blessing to me. I can't imagine what it would be like, to not have ever met you.

Much love,
Deanna :)