Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We Have a New President!

President of These United States
President Barack Obama # 44


I really enjoyed watching the inaugural activities on my computer this morning. Although I do not agree with everything that President Obama stands for, I do respect his leadership skills, his family life and his desire to make necessary changes for our country. I respect his Christianity and his respect of every American. I love that he has called upon the nation to unite and serve each other and lift things up.

To date the press has been very favorable of him and his political life. Just yesterday Jim was saying just watch the press will now begin to do a 180 and start to tear him to shreds. On Jim's way home from his doctor appointment he heard the first of it on NPR where someone was criticizing the President's speech. I thought his speech was idealistic and hopeful and unifying. What did the press expect? He coudn't have gotten up and said...wow, here I am, things are a rotten mess, very depressing on all fronts...what should I do? You cannot please everyone no matter what you do.

I think we should all give him a chance to make some needed changes. Everyone deserves that much. And I think we all need to remember he is just one man. He is not a king, a savior, a god or a magician. I think his greatest strength is to be a voice that people listen to for unity, getting involved and serving our countrymen and keeping our country strong.

If the youth of this country look to him as a role model in working hard for what they want and he can renew their enthusiasm to try hard to achieve what they strive for, then it will be a better country for sure. As for those of us that are older and more experienced, we need to remember changes aren't going to happen overnight. And if we can keep in mind that you cannot believe everything the press says as they try to shape your thinking about everything and everyone...we will be OK. There is no such thing as unbiased journalism anymore. Sad but true!


United We'll Stand!
One Nation Under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice For all!

3 comments:

Jim said...

As always, very insightful. Just watch, as time goes by the excelerated and intensified level of "critique" he well get from the press. So what is the journalistic corollary to micro management... maybe just bad reporting from people who, like the micro manager, are insecure in their position.

Sally said...

Very true! I am hopeful! :)

Neabear said...

It is true that we need to give him a change to make the changes. Change does not happen overnight. I hope that the changes are positive and good for the whole people.