Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day by Day

Lombard Street (the crookedest street
in the world) in San Francisco, CA

This post is #601 for me on this blog since December 2007. That is kind of mind boggling for me when I realize how much writing I have done in 15 months just on this blog and I will admit to having several a few others.

I couldn't help reflecting upon when in school, sometimes we would get writing assignments and projects that would seem insurmountable. 20 pages on any given subject just seemed huge. I remember when Jim was working on his Master's degree and how "our" thesis seemed nearly impossible. That was back in the day when we had the old manual typewriter and I would sit on our bed typing for hours because we didn't have a proper desk, etc.

I deplored typing and every time I made an error it was whip out the old, round, pink, hard eraser with the stiff little brush on the end and start gently erasing and praying I didn't rip a hole in the paper! I didn't know what PMS was at the time, the phrase had not been coined. But that feeling of sheer frustration is the same as PMS, if ever there were two feelings that could be compared.

Riding the waves of life together!!

Flashing forward~if someone would have told me 15 months ago I would have completed 600 pages on random subjects of my choice, I would have considered them to be absolutely daft. I could not have even comprehended it, even though I have always loved to write. I use to pick up a large book and wonder how anyone could write so much about anything? Now I know. It is day by day, one word at a time that this is accomplished. You start to do it, find the value in it, repeat and then it becomes ingrained. For me it has even become necessary and a big a part of my life. It is the cheapest form of psychotherapy and I love it.

Isn't one day at a time really how we make all of our life changes really? Day by day, plodding along, molding and shaping the person that we eventually become? It is a great example to me of how hard things become easy when taken one day at a time and that to me has amazing value and application with regard to all the varied aspects of our lives. Day by day, we can do whatever we set our minds upon with energy and full purpose of heart.

We are all just enough different to make it all more interesting!

So thus we have another reason why I love to blog~it teaches me that "I can." And one of the fabulous perks~meeting and establishing new friendships and strengthen the tried and true. So I am in it for the long haul and I want to thank those of you who have hung in with me from the get go. It means a lot to me just to know that you are there. Your comments make my day and I love reading your blogs! I have learned so much from each and every one of you! So thank you and know that you are loved!


You are all as beautiful flowers, each with your own unique blogging style and qualities. You make me laugh, you make me cry, you peek my curiosity and inspire me. You make me happy and you make me a better person!

Hugs to all~

5 comments:

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

So true - by the yard it's hard by the inch it's a cinch. I love that time becomes more precious and valuable with the perspective of age.

MCGROVER said...

Little do you know how you have inspired me to "do" family history and write down my thoughts. It's hard for me to write, but I like the statement with "energy and full purpose of heart".

Congratulations on being an inspiration.

Deanna said...

You inspire me Bon. I love to read about you and your family, your thoughts on life. I think about you everyday. Sometimes I wonder what made me find you. This world of blogging has brought some special people into my life and I guess you know how I feel about you. I think that if we met in person I would probably start bawling...okay, I'm already getting teary-eyed. I can't leave this life without ever having met you in person. One day we will meet. What a happy day that will be.

Love, hugs and xoxo's,
Deanna :D

Loida of the 2L3B's said...

Dearest Bonnie, Such beautiful flowers.. Looking at it helps me relax. Thanks..

Connie said...

You are the BEST, Bon, and I love you for all the beauty, inspiration and joy that you bring into my life...Oh, and just for being you, too. :)