Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pure Gold


Today I was doing the dishes and thinking about things. Do you know what is worth its weight in gold? Making choices that make you feel good about you!


As happy as I am about my recent weight loss, I really think the bigger benefit to me personally has been the way I can feel good about myself and what I am doing. Even though from outward appearances there is very little change in me, what has happened on the inside is huge. Whenever there is a discrepancy between what you know is true and right and what you are doing, it is hard to have self respect. True peace and harmony within comes from living what you believe and believing what you live.

It is also throwing off the shackles of doing what you should do and have to do for doing what you do because you choose it. Choosing to do good is proactive~the shoulds and have tos are reactive.


I want to be proactive and make good choices because I want to take the high road. I want to live the higher law~I don't have to. Isn't that what our agency is all about? Whatever we are doing in life it should be because we chose it. It there are things you simply must do then decide it is what you want to do. As long as you think you should or have to do something your body and spirit are at odds with one another.


President Kimball said simply "Do It." Not You Should Do It, or You Have To Do It! Right? Let it be your choice~it is so liberating. And then, as Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin's mother said..."Come what may and love it!"

3 comments:

CA Poppy said...

A perfect post for a thursday.

Marie Rayner said...

Great post Bonnie! I love those quotes as well. I adored Pres Hinckley and Elder Wirthlin, and those are two of my favourite pieces of their advice!

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

This is so good - a small shift in focus makes all the difference.