Sunday, March 15, 2009

Renegade Petunia


As many of you know, petunias are annuals not perennials. What that means is basically that if you want petunias in your garden, they only have one blooming season in the spring and summer and then the plant will die. When fall arrives you usually dig them up and start over the following spring with a new plant.

Well, if you are lazy and don't clean out your pots and put them to bed for the winter, you may get a petunia that decides to be more than an annual. I found this yesterday in one of our pots~a petunia that is going the extra mile and blooming for a second year!

2 comments:

laura.elizabeth said...

I love it! This little flower has given me hope. I have often thought my "season to bloom" in one way or another was over and past. Now I know it doesn't have to be. I can be like this little petunia and keep on bloomin'

Deanna said...

I came on to your blog and WOW! That petunia is screaming with color! So bold and beautiful! That is such a great snap....thanks for sharing it Bon


Hugs,
Deanna :D