Monday, March 9, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook~March 9, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of an ordinary day, please click here.


So, For Today...Monday, March 9, 2009

Outside my window... the sky is pitch black and it is way too early for the sun to be up yet. I am hoping for the forecasted bright sunny day.

I am thinking...that I am so excited that we may have new windows in our laundry room by this time next week. I am also wondering why home projects always take longer and are more complex than we think they will be?

From the learning rooms... I am concentrating on wanting less and appreciating more.

I am thankful for.. having lost 20 pounds since Jan 1st on Weight Watchers.

From the kitchen... not much is happening but Monday is my day to buy and organize food and to prepare for a successful week of weight loss.

I am wearing... my jammies and it is freezing this morning!

I am reading.. some of my old journals from when we had little ones at home.

I am hoping... that my good friend, Michelle, is having a great birthday today and knows how much she is loved.

I am creating...my To Do list for the week and a home decorating proposal for a new client.
I am hearing...A song from Grease from my iTunes play list.

Around the house... I have plans to improve the order, peace and beauty we are seeking. I am cleaning out my clothes and making donations to Good Will.

One of my favorite things...motherhood.

A few plans for the rest of the week... preparing for a blogging class I am teaching next week, exercising, writing, awaiting our Netflix episodes of Gray's Anatomy Season 3.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Mediterranean Gold by Michael O'Toole

I really like this piece of art and am thinking it may be the inspiration piece for my colors in our new kitchen. We only have one large space for art as the kitchen has a lot of windows. I love the painting because it reminds me of Italy, a place near and dear to our hearts. It will also look fabulous with our flooring and granite selection. And, it is not so kitcheny!

3 comments:

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

Hey Bon, I want to do this - do I just cut and paste??

laura.elizabeth said...

Mom- I love that picture. It is so Cinque Terra. Oh we have to go there when you come in December. You will love the picture even more once see the place that inspired it.

Anyway, i love you and love all of the other things you wrote too!

Laura said...

OK, that is awesome that you have lost 20 pounds!!!!