Saturday, March 21, 2009

Trying To Be Prepared

This is a blog post from my health blog that I decided to include here so you can see the progress on the home renovation projects.

Today something very strange came over me~I felt like preparing food for the week! Actually I do this often but never on Saturday. Jim and our good friend from Utah, Doug Higley, are working on hanging louver doors, setting moldings, etc. It's overcast and kind of dreary out and being in the kitchen just sounded appealing. So since this happens so rarely to me I just did a whole bunch of stuff~striking while the iron was hot.

First I made Jim's soup so he is taken care of for the week. His latest thing is he likes to add in some cooked pasta. Rather than put it in the soup where it seems to keep cooking when being heated up, I just cooked a bunch separately and put it in a gallon size Ziploc bag. That way it is not added into the calorie/carb/point count for the soup and he can add as much as he likes right into his bowl of hot soup.

Then I made the Fiber One cereal haystack cookies which are 1 point for each one. Both Jim and I find these just a perfect little sweet signal that we have finished dinner and are done eating!

Then I cut up all my raw veggies for the week~a one gallon bag full to the brim that is ready for those panic attacks around 3:00 pm every single day.

Lastly I made the "South of the Border Brownies"~1 can of pureed black beans and a brownie mix, bake as directed. I did take a little bite~very deceptively delicious and 2 pts for a 2 x 2 square instead of the normal 5 points. We are having Doug back over for dinner tomorrow so I needed a dessert. He'll never know and neither will our waistlines!

And we have louvers on the utility closet and the pantry, Houston!


So the sun is about to set and I feel I accomplished something in the kitchen as well as selecting our granite and keeping the men happy while they worked by staying out of their way, etc. Good day and the topper is I have a DVD with four episodes of Grey's Anatomy for tonight. What more could a girl want, I ask you? Oh, and one more thing for the week past. I bought some new shirts all one size smaller! Woohoo!

4 comments:

CA Poppy said...

Way to go Bonnie!love,Michelle.

Neabear said...

Wow! Busy day for you. I was at work while you were doing all that.

Deanna said...

I wish I could have tasted that soup and those brownies! Look at your sweet Jim! He's such a dear!

Huggins,
Deanna :D

Deanna said...

I did a bad thing. I ate three turkey wraps in one sitting. I couldn't help myself. Luckily I didn't get hungry for the rest of the day.

Cringing,
Deanna :(
:D