Saturday, March 14, 2009

Reasons I Love My Husband #936

Jim is a great worker and does so much to make our home beautiful. He never complains and just keeps at it until it is done!

Just getting started with wallpaper removal which is a terrible job...one of the worst and we will NEVER have wallpaper again...No, Never!

The wallpaper is off and so now on to all the other stuff that needed doing before sanding, priming and painting with Restoration Hardware's Cappuccino...love the color. Jim is very detail oriented and does a fabulous job, no matter what he is doing.

Putting in the decking for our new counter top.

He painted 8 louver doors today that go in the laundry room, pantry, and entryway. The patio furniture and deck railing came in handy for drying.

Next he is priming the entryway for new paint which will be going on Monday. It is Restoration Hardware's Latte. This is the best neutral paint color ever! Then maybe he will relax for the rest of the evening. Fingers crossed, anyway.

Next we have to paint all the cabinets and change out the hardware and then finish the little half bath by reinstalling the toilet and putting in the molding. The windows and doors go in Wednesday and then we should be ready to move on to the kitchen. I want him to take a brake in between. I hope he will. But he is on a mission and if you know him at all, you know what that means. He is doing a phenomenal job but with only one day a week to do it all, it makes it very hard on him. He has been pulling some late nights after work occasionally too.

Since we work in the singles' ward at church, I am sometimes asked about what the girls should look for in a good husband. One of the thing I always say is be sure he is a man that is a great worker, someone who knows how to do things and if he doesn't yet, make sure he is willing to learn. Either that or make sure he is very wealthy! They are always a little surprised by that recommendation as they usually haven't thought that far ahead. But it truly is one of the things I treasure most about Jim. He loves our home and wants to make it nice and his willingness to step in and do the hard stuff gives me a lot of joy and saves us a lot of money too.

He makes the cake and I do the icing~we make a good team in that respect. I really enjoy working together. (Jim does most of the hard stuff but I enjoy being with him and being his gopher!) Do you enjoy working with your spouse on home projects? I hope so because there sure does seem to be an unending list of them to do if you are a homeowner.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Hi my Bonnie! Wow, Jim is really at it isn't he? I love the expression on his face in the first picture....what a dear! I love the advice you are sharing with the singles...you are so right.

How are you doing? I will call you on Monday if that's all right?

My mother drove in to town Friday and will leave tomorrow morning. We've been having a great time but I wish she could stay longer. At least she and my father will be coming in late May for my nieces high school graduation so I can spend more time with her then.

Well, I'm off to beddy bye land. I have been so busy that I'm suffering from lack of sleep which is showing it's effects daily.

Big hugs because I miss you,
Deanna :D

Loida of the 2L3B's said...

Dear Bonnie,
As I had mentioned, you are such a lucky lady to have a hardworking and thoughtful husband like Jim. Thanks for showing us the current renovations. I hope you can show us the finished product of love.. God bless..

Bonnie said...

Thanks for your comments, ladies! Yes, Loida, I will definitely post photos of the finished rooms.

Deanna, yes please do call me that would be awesome!

Love you guys! B

Neabear said...

Wow! Big projects. I am behind on blog reading again. I can't seem to stay caught up. Anyway, today is my day to catch up on yours. Fun reading too.