Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Nifty Thrifty Find


I cannot believe it but the vision of something else came into my head. This is a craftiness reprise of this post. What can this mean though? I do not do this kind of stuff. Right?

I found this great jar that is 17 inches high with a mercury glass lid for $4.99 at a local thrift store. (Can you even imagine what this would be in a regular store with the hottness of mercury glass right now?) I still had all of this lime green moss left so ...voila, I am storing it here! There is no such thing as buying a little bit of moss! I love this jar and can already think of several other things that will find their way into it in the future.

The little chick in the egg inside the jar has a funny disgruntled look on his face. The Higley kids and I decided it is probably not a chick but a dinosaur egg. I wish you could see the lime green moss but I could only get it to photograph as brown as the glass has a bit of a greenish tint.

5 comments:

CA Poppy said...

Fabulous~tell me what thrift shop you found it at.Thriftshopping is an activity I miss.Happy Easter!

Bonnie said...

Your favorite one~ARF!

Connie said...

Is there NO END to your creativity, my dear Bon? Honestly-- you make masterpieces out of things that I would walk right past. I remember that funny little chick/dinasaur thing. You found it a perfect little home! :)

Deanna said...

Awesome find there Bon! I would have wrestled you to the ground for that! LOL!

I love what you did with it...lovely.

Deanna :D

Marie Rayner said...

What a wonderful find Bonnie! and what a cute thing you have done with it. I can see it changing with the seasons!