Thursday, May 14, 2009

Piper's Amazing Art

All of our grandkids in Utah go to a wonderful elementary school. They have the best teachers and great activities for the kids. The enrichment the kids receive is really fantastic. Each year they have a big art show and this is one of Piper's entries:

I wish I had a better photo of this art piece. The teacher the kids have is wonderful and they were studying how to do shadows. We all think Piper did a fabulous job on the shadows in this photo of the little girl in the art gallery. Even the piece of art she is gazing upon has shadows in it.

For my new readers, this is our oldest granddaughter, Piper. She is such a sweetheart and we love her with all of our hearts. She is growing up so fast. She turned 10 in March but she seems much older and is a mature young lady. She is sensitive and sensible~two qualities that make for a very wonderful girl.

Piper enjoys her art work so much and has since she was a tiny girl. I believe she has a definite natural ability. And now after years of practice her work is getting better and better. I guess that is how things work. Ability plus effort and practice equals success. I, for one, am awed by her ability to do the shadows so well. For me it seems like you have to turn your mind upside down and inside out to accomplish this. I find the piece amazing! And I would even if she wasn't our granddaughter!

3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

That is one very talented grand daughter you have there. That picture is fantastic!

Bonnie said...

Marie, that means a lot coming from you with your wonderful artistic skills. Thank you, I'll tell Piper her work has been appreciated all the way over in England!

V and Co. said...

wow look at piper! she has her mom and grandma's talent!
thanks for your comment! i rarely check other's blogs these days! (you should see what my google reader # of unread things is up to! it's a little overwhelming!!)
but i wanted to say hello and thanks! hope all is well! and thinking of you often!