Monday, June 22, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

While Peggy is taking a summer vacation from her daybook, Grandmother Wren will be hosting so you can post your daybook there until Peggy’s return.

Normally to join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you would click here.


So, For Today...Monday, June 22, 2009

Outside my window...the world is waking up, rushing off to work, and the beginning of a new week is upon us. I usually have friends over every Monday morning but, we are switching to Wednesdays for awhile, so it is a lazy morning for me. I love mornings where things are not so rushed, they are rare and then I think about what I need to get accomplished. It never ends does it? There's always something to do ~which is a good thing, albeit is tiring.

I am thinking...that I have been in a holding pattern on my weight loss so it is time to pick up the pace again, raise the bar, be more diligent.

From the learning room...What gets measured, gets done. We need to be accountable to someone~particularly ourselves.

I am thankful for...the opportunities we have to make good choices every new day.

From the kitchen...Taco salad sounds good for dinner.

I am wondering...about some news I received that a good friend may have had a stroke. I sure hope not but am awaiting information as I type this and sending up silent prayers for some good news..

I am wearing...jeans and a red shirt.

I am reading...John Adams as soon as it arrives in the mail from Amazon.

I am creating...absolutely nothing right now, but will soon be starting to work on travel plans for Christmas in Italy with our children and grandchildren that live there.

I am praying for...health, strength, perseverance, and well-being for all of our family and friends.

I am hearing...I Wish I Could by Collin Ray

I am going...to sign Jim up on Facebook tonight so he can keep up with everyone. His time has come! He like I, will do anything to keep in touch with our kids. We keep searching for the best way to overcome the distance barrier. There are no options that work best all of the time so we are trying everything.

My spiritual thoughts include...pondering the Relief Society lesson we had yesterday in church about seeking Gifts of the Spirit. Very enlightening and good! The Lord provides so many ways and means for us to commune with Him.

Around the house...I see some dust and bathrooms that need my attention. It is all about maintenance and getting to everything before it becomes a big chore. Trying to stay ahead of it all.

Today I miss...All the kids and grandkids and my parents and siblings. I am just a family girl, what can I say? Also missing my friend, Barb, who is on a Caribbean cruise this week. I cannot believe they went during hurricane season...I hope things stay ni
ce and calm for them.

I am hoping...we all stay safe during the swine flu season. Especially the babies and children. A little 9 year old girl died from it. She went to our neighborhood elementary school and was in the class of my friend's child.

I have been procrastinating....
on food tracking but I am back 100% today.

One of my favorite things...iTunes. I just love having my favorite music available anywhere I go. I love that you can store things like music on your iPod and computer. Such a space saver, love it. And my next favorite thing is the docking stations you can buy so you don't have to listen with earphones at home. We have come a long way from the good ole LP and transistor radio and tape deck days.

A few plans for the rest of the week. I have a free pass to a lecture by a guy named Mike Robbins who wrote the book, "Be Yourself, Everyone Else is Taken" for tomorrow, some work to do on an upcoming house to stage, I may make a Blurb book with some favorite blog pieces and photos, budgetary work on home improvement funds (ugh) I do dislike accounting so much. Thinking about our next project makes it more palatable!

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you...


This is our little granddaughter, Hazie. How can someone this young be such an inspiration to us all? If you haven't read Hazie's story and want to~go to the sidebar on the right and scroll down to the Label 'Hazel' to find out why she is so amazing. This little girl is light and love and joy.

4 comments:

BECKY said...

Happy Monday, Bon'! What a little cutie Hazel is!! I wrote her down in my prayer journal so I will remember to pray for her on a regular basis. :o)

Loved reading your daybook! Pray for me with my weight loss, and I'll pray for you!! With Father's day we went off plan a bit (ok more than a bit!!) and are back on today!!

Take care and have a wonderful week!!
Blessings and hugs,
Becky

Grandmother Wren said...

How beautiful Hazel is! What a blessing and a joy!

I’ve added a Mr. Linky at Grandmother Wren’s to make it easier for the Summer Daybook ladies to find each other and share our daybooks while Peggy is on vacation.

Please stop by on Mondays and add your link –
I’d love to have you!

http://grandmotherwren.com

Kim Mailhot said...

What a sweet picture of your grand daughter ! Such a sweet face !

Enjoy your week !

Grandmother Wren said...

Thank you for linking your Simple Woman’s Daybook at Grandmother Wren’s last week.
Please stop by this week and add your link again. I’d love to see this continue throughout the summer, allowing us to stay in touch with other Daybookers during Peggy’s vacation.
Please keep coming back –
I look forward to seeing you!

Grandmother Wren
http://grandmotherwren.com