Friday, June 12, 2009

Kenny Rankin

I was probably the last to know that one of my all time favorite singers passed away on Jun 7th at 69. He was diagnosed three week earlier with lung cancer. What a huge loss for this world, this man was the quintessential jazz man in my book. He had been referred to as a human musical instrument. I love his voice and his music. I am so glad it will live on and on. This man could sing faster than most of us can think. Editorializing here: His rendition of Blackbird is the best in the world. I, for one, will miss this man. I know my brother, Steve, and my friend, Dave, will too. His music makes me so happy. We use to just love him and Dan Fogelberg when we were all young~miss him now too!


4 comments:

Connie said...

I am a HUGE Dan Fogelberg fan, too, but didn't know your jazz friend. I bet I would have liked him, too. I've probably heard him but didn't know who I was listening to....

Nice of you to do a little tribute to him, Bon.

Love you!!!!!

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

We didn't hear that either...we love Kenny Rankin - as you know since we kidnapped your tape for months on end...

Deanna said...

I didn't know about this. But then my head had been buried in graduations and family for the past two months!

Thanks for the video!

Deanna :D