Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Market Day in Our Town~Reprise

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

This is a post I did last year about the exact place I am heading in a few minutes. Can't wait to see what the produce looks like this year. There is always an excitement in the air at the Farmer's Market. The music, the casual breezes, bright colors of God's creations, the aroma of kettle corn popping, the energy~it is great! One of those 'happy to be alive' experiences is what it is.


I love the Farmers' Market. We have a little town square and twice a week we have the fun of going to the park to buy fresh produce and flowers and truly the best kettle corn on the planet! Today ~ I was just drawn to the market. The sights, sounds, smells~it is a sensory treat and it is every bit of a taste of summer over here. I enjoy the shady walkways, the casualness of it, the music, the kiddies playing, neighbors and friends chatting, the buzz and the kettle corn popping. It is truly a feast for the eyes. This is a Happy Making place. It is great to see so many people buying healthy food...it is just a great time all the way around. We always get tomatoes and kettle corn and this week I got some corn on the cob. The farmer asked me, "Yellow, white or yellow and white.?" Had to try the yellow and white. It is so nice to eat locally grown things and really great to find organic things too. I hope you have a Farmer's Market where you live too~one of the little pleasure of day to day life around here. It always reminds me of Laura, Spencie and Rossie as we had some fun times here last summer and the summer before. We miss you guys!

If you really are what you eat...look what nectarines can make!
I'm gonna run out and get some! Isn't she a beauty?


Laura Lou Loves Nectarines!
Laura posted this photo on her blog today from Italy~
she said it was for me so I nicked it!


Now this is where I steal some photos from Mandy from the
Thursday evening
when we ran into them
(and about 50 other people we know) at the Market

a week or so ago. Sorry girls~gotta do it!

Cohen and His Oma!

Jimbob and me with Andy and Mandy


3 comments:

Shaun at Oak Den said...

I envy anyplace with a Farmer's Market, and yours sounds really wonderful. Have fun!

mandy* said...

That was so fun when we ran into you!!! That is the best farmer's market I've been to. There are several in Seattle, but none as great as that one! Kettle corn, anyone??

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi again Bonnie,
what a lovely market, loved all the pics of the gorgeous produce and flowers. Wanna go there!!
Your daughter is so beautiful.
Blessings, Nellie