Monday, June 1, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~June 1, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, click here.


So, For Today...Monday, June 1, 2009

Outside my window...The sun is just coming up over the horizon and it is clear and windy today.

I am thinking...about this incredible video I saw at church yesterday called Celebrating What's Right With the World by Dewitt Jones. He is a former photographer for National Geographic and has made this amazing video that sells for $795.00. If you have 22 minutes and want to see it for free go to http://celebratetraining.com. Just click on the box that says preview. I guarantee that this video has the capability to change major paradigms in our lives. It is well worth the time invested in it. I hope you will, I know you will love it! One of his quotes..."When you celebrate what is right with the world, you will find the energy to fix what's wrong with it!" Let me know how you like it! This video is sold to companies that are training people, thus the price tag is so high~it is amazing we can see it for free online!

From the learning room...I am continually amazed to realize that perception is everything in life! What we believe is what we see.

I am thankful for...Everything that is good and that comes from God. A calling to work as ordinance workers at the Temple, and a kitchen that is almost done. I now have 2 drawers functioning and four more coming soon. 2 cabinet doors in place and many more coming soon. I didn't realize how much I appreciate a drawer that opens and closes nicely and great hardware.

From the kitchen...I am doing some major cooking this week with vegetable soup to make and a company dinner for missionaries and friends on Wednesday, lots of fresh fruit and veggies to cut up for snacking, etc.

I am wondering...why Hollywood doesn't make more movies like "Last Chance Harvey" with Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman. Excellent movie.

I am wearing...my blue and white nightgown~wishful thinking for summer...I am freezing!

I am reading...Nothing with a hard cover right now, just Scriptures, Ensign, blogs, and bathroom design ideas. I always like to have a book going though so I will pick something this week.

I am hearing...If I Were a Painter...Norah Jones. She is one awesome singer in my humble opinion.

I am praying for...endurance and tenacity in my struggles (this translates to losing weight) and love and light for us all.

I am going...to call my brother, Gary, today...it is his birthday! He is a sweet little brother and struggling right now with a business that has been hit hard by the recession. I am praying that he will get some relief from the worry soon.

My spiritual thoughts include...how much God must love us to give us so many possibilities based on the daily decisions we make and His grace. What we choose is what we get.


Around the house...things are feeling pretty good again. The trailer full of counter tops and old windows, etc that has been parked outside my office window in the driveway for weeks has been taken to the dump and returned to its proper storage area out of sight, the backyard is looking nice although I still need my potted flowers to be planted. And the kitchen...I know you are so sick of hearing about it...but it just makes me happy. It is absolutely weird that someone should love design work so much, but I do. When things feel put together in the right way, it just makes me giddy! I love to create a home~it is so satisfying. It is hard to believe I stifled it for so many years while working in a medical office. It makes me shudder to think of that day after day.

I have been procrastinating.....
the usual...the budget and paperwork...I cannot believe I have a new month to deal with again so soon.

One of my favorite things...bracelets...I love them. I love treasure hunting for them. I love wearing them, I love everything about them. In fact, I love treasure hunting for a lot of things. OK, shall I just say shopping for the fun things in life and finding them at fabulous prices??

A few plans for the rest of the week..Making a post for Owen's 2nd birthday tomorrow, budget and bill paying, planning our anniversary get away happening in two weeks, dinner guests on Wednesday, catching up with some old friends, finding my birth certificate, buying some potting soil and flowers, washing some new windows that have gotten dusty while under construction. Ordering some new ones as we make our way around the house. Getting a haircut and color on Friday and working with my friend and client on Wednesday.

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you...

Summer is coming. Although I really like moderate weather, I am tired of being cold this year. I am looking forward to the warmth of the sun, sweet summer nights and beautiful cool fresh mornings, eating outside, watermelon, picnics, hummingbirds and butterflies, and some relaxation and time with family and friends. Summer just seems like a happy time when everything seems right with the world. And lots of fun young people are getting married! There are weddings galore over here! And that is it for this week! Make it a good one!

6 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Bonnie,
Thanks for stopping by. My husband
started the Wallie World, since
we have disney world and Sea world
and a lot of other something worlds
in florida. I think is is funny too.
I was just reading your blog and you were talking about last chance
Harvey, isn't it. We just saw that and absolutely loved it. In fact, we watched it twice while we had it. That is very unusual for us. I too wonder the same thing about why their are not more movies like that. Have you ever seen "Dan in real life", that is another really good movie. I think it is a clean movie, I have to be careful tho cause our dvd player has a tv guardian so it takes out any trash talk. We love that thing. But sometimes I have
recommended a movie and forget that
we have the guardian set, and later
think of my gosh, hope their was no bad stuff in there!!
Well dear, have a peaceful day and hope you get a few more drawers
and cabinet doors soon. I went thru that about 5 years ago cause
our house flooded and they had to redo the whole house practically.
It was the Lord enlarging our territory from the Jabez prayer,
and answering my prayer for much
needed new carpeting, but as always God does exceedingly abundantly more than we can ever think hope or ask.
Liked your daybook list. That is neat. Have a good one,
Blessings, Nellie

Shaun at Oak Den said...

Bonnie! That video was AMAZING!! Thank you so much for linking us to that. I need to think about it. Actually, I need to watch it again and maybe even again so that I can really think about it. Gosh. What a gift!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

I did go and watch the video....what a gift! That was awesome. I've bookmarked it so I can go back and watch it over and over!

Blessings and smiles,
Spencer

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

You were right! I loved the video - I'll watch it again and again and live my life accordingly! Man IS that he might have joy!

BECKY said...

Hi Bon!! Love your daybook entries!! You are just so down to earth and friendly...it definitely comes through in what you write!!
I hope that you have a wonderful week!! I am getting ready to go visit my sis up in north Florida for 4-5 days!! She is my only sis, and is awesome!!

Thanks for sharing!!
HUGS,
Becky

Marie Rayner said...

Great day book entry Bonnie! I love your sunshine! It's so cute!