Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~June 16, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, click here.


So, For Today...Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Outside my window...it is going to be another lovely spring day. The temperatures have been so moderate for mid-June. The climate has changed so much since I was a child. I can remember it being blistering hot by this time of the year, etched in my memory because it was the end of the school year. In the oldden days, we had already been sweltering in the heat for weeks by mid-June. It is interesting to me that the weather has changed but our expectations have not caught up yet. I keep putting clothes in my winter closet and then retrieving them again. Summer really doesn't even think about coming around it seems until July anymore.

I am thinking...about the wonderful time Jim and I had celebrating our anniversary over the weekend. I am thinking about the joy of spending your life with someone you love. I am thinking about how nice it can be when a couple stops trying to change each other and enjoys the advantages of their individuality, as each one contributes to the whole of the relationship.

From the learning room...the days may be long but the years are short.

I am thankful for...things that don't change and are a constant in the crazy, spinning out of control world in which we live.

From the kitchen...the cupboards are bare and I need to go to the Farmer's Market and Winco today.

I am wondering...how my sister-in-law, Emily, will be celebrating her birthday today?

I am wearing...the usual pjs.

I am reading...the blogs I want to catch up on today after three days of being unplugged.

I am hearing...Lying Eyes by Kenny Rankin...I am still feeling sad for the world at his death a week and a day ago. I am listening to all his albums today.

I am praying for...the determination to get back on WW right now after a weekend of wild abandon in the food department.

I am going...to enjoy the Farmer's Market today and get back into my routine of going each Tuesday morning.

My spiritual thoughts include...thinking about how much I love the routine of church each Sunday. We missed it this weekend while traveling and that is extremely rare for us.

Around the house...remnants of things still needing to be put away from our trip but otherwise it is in pretty good shape.

Today I miss...the chance to have woken up naturally without the aid of the alarm clock!

I have been procrastinating....
nothing...I cannot believe it!!

One of my favorite things...Our GPS, the Tom Tom Go. Love the way it just leads us around without me having to keep my nose in a map while traveling.

A few plans for the rest of the week. Wedding on Saturday, a few business related activities, start planning the menu for our guests arriving on July 7th for five days, catching up with our kids, mailing back the hotel books on the highlights of the Marin and Sonoma county's interest points and San Francisco Dining that got accidentally swept up with all of our stuff when packing up to come home. Resting the weary bones after three busy vacation days is also on my hope to do list.

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you...

My main focus. How is it that they just keep getting more handsome and more distinguished as we get more matronly and wrinkled? How come chicken neck is not as attractive as graying temples? Anyone who thinks God is a woman~should ponder this! Kidding!!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Get off that smorgasbord! One week of total abandon is too long! ...hahahahaha!

You are so right....my Marshall's hair is so nicely gray and when my hair is not touched up...it looks dirty! UGH!

Deanna :D

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bonnie,
I would hardly call you matronly and wrinkled!! You look very pretty to me. Guys do get away with the aging process a lil better than us tho I have to admit.
Gray is distinquished on a man,
you look like an old bat on a woman!! ha
Have a fun day, and for your health sake begin again! It's okay
to cheat once in awhile, but you
can't camp there!! ha
Blessings, Nellie