Sunday, June 21, 2009

When I Married Him....


When I married Jim I......

Knew he was kind.....
But I didn't know he was such a humanitarian.

I knew he was handsome.............
But I didn't know he would become such a beautiful person.

I knew he was smart...............
But I didn't know he would gain so much wisdom.

I knew he was generous.............
But I didn't know he would give his whole life to others.

I knew that he loved God.................
But I never imagined the love and leadership his faith would bring.

I knew that I felt safe with him......
but I had no idea how he would protect our family
from so many things
or offer us such security.

I knew he would provide for us.......
But I never dreamed what that truly meant
or how well he would do it.

I knew he could do anything he set him mind to..........
but I didn't know he would be so good at everything.

I knew I wanted to have a family with him.........
but I had no idea he would be such a magnificent father.

I knew we would grow old together.........................
but I had absolutely no idea how wonderful it could be.

I knew he would be a fun Grampa but ...................
I had no idea how much those little ones would adore him
and vice versa.

I knew he was the guy for me....................
but I never knew how blessed that one decision would make my life.

I knew God had a plan for us......
I just never saw it as clearly as I do now.

I knew that I loved him.......
But I had no idea what that would grow to become 41 years later.

Then I knew where we each began and ended........
Today I do not recall that much anymore.


Happy Father's Day, Honey...you are the best.............
Hindsight is 20/20.
I never knew how happy and lucky I would feel today
Or how blessed our kids would be to have you as their Dad!

7 comments:

laura.elizabeth said...

Mom- that is beautiful and so very true. Dad is amazing and has blessed all of our lives in so many ways! I thank God everyday for great parents who loved me and taught me truth. You guys really prepared for life. I hope I can pass the same legacy on to my boys. I love you both. Happy Father's Day Dad!

Shaun at Oak Den said...

This is a beautiful tribute. Well done, both of you!

BECKY said...

Hey Bon'! It just doesn't get any better than that does it?? This is an awesome tribute to your man, and a wonderful testimony from your daughter in the comments!! You are a blessed woman indeed!!

Have a joy-filled week, sweetie!!
Love and hugs,
Becky

Deanna said...

I


well i can't see a thing for all the tears i n my eyes..

i'll be back lat er

Shelli Snyder said...

I'd have to say that Jim is one of my favorite men of all time. Which makes sense because you're one of my favorite women. :) You two have done so much for so many people ... we're so blessed to have you in our lives! I'm so excited to hug you in July. :)

Marie Rayner said...

What a wonderful post and tribute to your dear husband. You both rock!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

O Bonnie,
what a lovely tribute you paid to your Jim. Isn't it so true, there are so many things we could have never dreamt possible, but then God!! It is wonderful having a man who loves the Lord, it makes every difference. You only wish every family could experience what it is like to have a Mother and Father who love the Lord, and
really try to follow his teachings,
our world would be turned upside down for the good, for sure!!
Happy Belated Fathers day to your Jim!!
Blessings, Nellie
P.S. I just realized I have never signed up as a follower, I think it could be your blog that has no place to sign up!! I will check tho and if there is I will sign up.