Saturday, July 4, 2009

God Bless America

Yup, I said it....God and America in the same breath. If that offends anyone reading...so sorry. I believe that God had an integral hand in the creation and founding of this country. As I have studied Early American History lately, I have been reminded of how important the basic tenants of Christianity were to the founding fathers of this Nation, our Constitution, and our Declaration of Independence. What we, as a nation, have allowed to happen to it since, is on us. I feel very comfortable in asking God to Bless America abundantly and often. Heaven knows it is needed now more than ever before. And I believe that if we truly were one nation under God, we really would be indivisible.

Enjoy your celebration today of the freedoms we have inherited through the blood and toil of those who have gone before us, as well as those who serve now. And may we have the good sense to turn back to the God who is over all, to help us hang on to it.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Here! Here! I could not agree more! Thanks, Bon Enjoy your day!!!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bonnie,
You are soooooooooo right!! Could not agree with you more. Thanks for saying it and not being politically correct. I am soooooooo sick of political correctness, and frankly I think most people in America are, at least most of the ones I know.
Hope you are having a wonderful celebration of this great day.
Our has been quiet but am feeling
the gratitude of all that we have
and possess in this country that you can't tack a dollar bill too,
as my dad used to say!!
Blessings, Nellie

ImagineCozy said...

Well said! And I love your flower arrangement.

Thank you for your thoughts and comments on my blog, I really appreciate them.

Warmest Regards,
Angela

One Shabby Old House said...

You certainly didn't offend me.
I totally agree with you.
Becky