Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hiking~Grampa Style

Chloe Jane

If you have been reading my blog for any length of time you know that Jim is quite the outdoor enthusiast. He is also a person with an unending supply of energy and is always on the go. When he has worn out every adult, he can always find willing kids to pick up the slack. While, Jen, Lowell, Paul and I were sleeping off our exhaustion he was busily planning his next adventure.

( As an aside, it is good for me to realize he can tucker out people in their 30s just as much as he does me! I always think it is my own personal failing when I can't keep up but, I have living proof it is not!) The kind of energy Jim has, I am beginning to think of as a "talent." If you can envision a busy, busy, two-year-old's energy, you are beginning to get the picture. It is the kind of energy that if you could bottle and sell it...you'd be truly rich. I'd forgo the riches just to have a little more of it myself!

Anyway, yesterday morning he took, Piper, Julia, and Chloe out for a hike in a nearby canyon. He had packed some snacks, given each girl a walkie talkie and a walking stick. They grabbed some water and a hat and off they went.

Here they are with their walking sticks at the trail head!

Here they are testing their walkie talkies!

Piper~the Stylish Hiker!

Julia Mae exploring a spider web in a knot hole of a scrub oak.

Chloe peeking out from behind a tree

The sure reward for being very good girls!
How many kids get ice cream cones before noon?
Only a few and only on special occasions!

Thanks Grampa for ensuring the girls had a fun day trip!

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bonnie,
If you find a way to bottle and sell that energy please let me know cause I would definitely buy some myself!! ha
That is wonderful for your grandchildren that they have such an energetic grampa! Looks like they had a really good time, and the ice cream looked like it had a good time all over your grand-daughters face. She is loving it!!
Nice your Jim was able to give you
all a rest!! Continue to have a ball.
Blessings, Nellie

Shaun at Oak Den said...

Love all your adventures! What fun memories everyone will have of this trip. Enjoy!

mandy* said...

That is the cutest picture of Chloe! She looks like a little pirate with a mustache and goatee! Too funny!