Monday, July 20, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~July 20, 2009

While Peggy is taking a summer vacation from her daybook, Grandmother Wren will be hosting so you can post your daybook there until Peggy’s return.

Normally to join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you would click here.


So, For Today...Monday, July 20, 2009

Outside my window... the morning looks different than usual as I am getting a late start on my Daybook...it is 9:10 am. Jim let me sleep this morning after a late night last night. I am grateful but always feel slightly disappointed when I sleep later than 5:00 am. It seems like I have slept through my really productive hours! But sometimes good sense just whispers..you need sleep. The sun in pretty high already and it is going to be hot today. It is quite breezy though and that will be a blessing later.

I am thinking...I need to block out my plans for the week so I can get lots done.

From the learning room...I am reminded how very important our families should be to all of us. How much I love my brothers and their families and how much I realize they are such an integral part of my happiness in this life. God's plan for families to be together forever brings me great joy. His plan is so amazing and I am learning more about it all the time. I'm wondering if we ever stop missing our parents once they are gone? I am learning we need to spend more quality time with our extended family.

From the kitchen...the cupboards need replenishing. I wish a magic wand could do it but, alas, no. It is me. Plain and simply..I need to get out and do it today. In Harry Potter's new movie I loved the scene where the magic wands put a disheveled room back together in a flash. Where can I get one of those?

I am wondering...how I can be an instrument in God's hand today to help someone in crisis. The thoughts, Lead me, Guide me, Walk beside me from the song I Am A Child of God come to my mind.

I am wearing...Jeans (the uniform) and a lime green tank with a lime green and white shirt. It is bugging me though as it is one of those stretchy shirts that makes noise when you move. Hate that. So I will probably change and put the shirt in the Good Will bag by day's end!

I am reading...John Adams...very slowly..hope I am done by Halloween!

I am creating...some travel plans for December in Italy and hoping I can get to calling about flight info this week.

I am praying for...help!

I am hearing..Here and Now...Luther Vandross.

I am quoting...Winston Churchill...Never, Never, Never...give up!

I am going..to gather up the things our kids left here and send a box this week!

My spiritual thoughts include...joy in having had a chance to teach at church yesterday. I love teaching it just forces me to study more, learn more, focus more. I love that.

Around the house...I still need to make the bed, and do a 15 minutes picking up..you know, the daily routine. Then phone calls and paper work. Ugh! Oh, and shopping for food.

Today I miss...our daughter, Laura. They have been traveling for two weeks and I have only been able to talk to her once during that time. They took the boys and went to the eastern coast of Italy by the Adriatic Sea for a little vacation and then last week they were in Bern, Switzerland. I am so thrilled for the opportunities they are all having now while living in Italy.

I am hoping... Our daughter, Jennifer, will have the time of her life when she gets to visit Laura and family in November for ten whole days. What a loving husband she has to let her go and relax and have a respite from 4 busy little girls that keep her on the run day after day without end.

I have been procrastinating...
Always the same stuff...budgetary paper work. I need a wand for that too.

One of my favorite things...A perfect brightness of hope. Hope that just refreshes and gets you going again and again each morning. And a Heavenly Father who loves me perfectly...not because of who I am but because of who He is.

A few plans for the rest of the week..Client design consultation with a woman that is the Rabbi's wife of a local Temple in the area. We have only spoken on the phone so far, but I have found her to be simply delightful. She wants her home made up with "a little lipstick and rouge" so it can be put on the market. Movies on Friday and just a lot of regular routine type busy work around the house. And I absolutely need to write thank you notes for kindnesses and gifts given to me on my birthday a few weeks ago.

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you...

The hot weather makes me feel like this but I need to just ignore the desire to lay low and get busy! Putting my shoulder to the wheel and getting things done is a necessity this week. Wishing for something is never enough. Work is the essential element of accomplishment. Hey, I just made that up...you can quote me on it and remind me once in awhile too. OK?


4 comments:

Shaun at Oak Den said...

I love how you share your thoughts and bits of your life in such a gentle way. I always feel good after reading your daybook. It makes me want to try to do better. Isn't that interesting? I love your life!! Probably because you do, too! Have a great day.

mandy* said...

I know what you mean about a magic wand. I wish I had one that would unpack the boxes all over my house. Also, you guys still get up at 5:00 a.m.???? You and Uncle Jim are so motivated.

MCGROVER said...

Hey, I like the quote. With your permission I am going to use it. We dream a lot, we plan and we start the process, but "follow-thru" seems to be a problem. Good Post - thanks.

Grandmother Wren said...

I'm so thankful I decided to spend some time tonight reading the Daybooks.

"Lead me, Guide me, Walk beside me..." is exactly what I needed to hear and make my prayer.

Thank you for sharing those words and your Daybook.

Grandmother Wren