Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Connection To The Little Ones #5


One of biggest serendipity experiences of our lives..Grandparenting. Who knew that this could be so glorious? I seriously had no idea. None! Our parents kept this secret close to their hearts apparently?? Well, not this couple of grandparents, we are shouting about the joy from the rooftops!

So connecting with these little ones motivates quite a bit of what we do, day to day and long term. One of my ways of feeling closer to them is having a blog just for them and about them. I haven't worked on it as much as I should have, but this series of posts has motivated me to get back to it. I have spent a few hours today updating the summer events so they can all see what their cousins have been doing this summer.

This is one of my favorite posts on the kiddie blog of late.
It is about my brother, Steve, and what he did for his grandson, Sebastian!
I wanted our little ones to see it.


The blog is called Gramma and You and has some fun riddles on it, some funny stories, some great animal videos and stories, some kid recipes and whatever else I can think of they might like. It has some inspirational things on it like the accomplishments of other kids their age as well as their own accomplishments. It has a lot of love in it. It contains some lessons about being good to their siblings and parents, striving to be their best, etc. It has some gospel teachings in it too. At the end of the year if it seems like it is good enough I may have the text and photos made into a book for each household.

Spencer and I have been writing a story back and forth and I have to admit I dropped the ball on it but I am picking it up again...it was pretty fun.

Julia and Piper have been e-mailing us lately and I have loved hearing from them, Grampa too. The kids call us and vice versa. The one who loves to gab the most is Ross. The one that calls me just to say hi is Zach! Julia does too come to think of it and Chloe has too a couple of times. I am hoping all these activities will increase as they get older.

I'd go to the ends of the earth for them!

Well, that is it for my ideas on keeping it together as best I can. As I said in the beginning I am not sure how successful it really is, but I do love the blogging and it almost feels like I am spending time right with them when I do it.

Thank you for those of you who have commented on this series and for the ideas you have shared. It has meant a lot to hear from you and to know I am not alone in this quest to be the glue in a family that mean everything to me. They make me know I still have many reasons to get up and face each new day smiling! God's blessing never cease to amaze!


I hope you'll stop over to see our grandkids blog.
click here

I also hope you'll let me know what you think of it and feel free
to share any ideas of other things I can add to it.

3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Bonnie, I just loved your grandchildren's blog. What a lovely family you have and I think you are doinga fabulous job of being the glue that holds them all together,and the heart of the wheel. I think it's just wonderful!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Morning Aunt Bonnie,
Loved this blog you have created for your grandchildren, I think that is awesome, what a great idea.
We have some friends that are a bit
older than us and they have 8 children all grown. So they have a cousins camps every summer as well. No parents allowed. I forget how many grandchildren they have, but quite a few, they only
get to come at the age of five.
They do all sorts of neat stuff with them for the week. They go to the beach, and on picnics, to Disney or some theme park, stay home and swim in the pool, and barbecue, travel somewhere and stay in a hotel overnight and see
something like an aquarium or zoo.
They are wonderful parents and grandparents, and we so admire them and what they do. It is great, and we hope to be able to do stuff like that with our grandchildren if we ever have any!! ha
You keep up the good work my friend, that is a valuable and wonderful thing you are doing,
a great legacy for your children
and grandchildren!!
Give yourself 3 pats on the back!! ha
Love ya, Nellie

laura.elizabeth said...

The kids blog is great. They boys love it. And I know Spencer and I were just talking about your story a few days ago. WE are going to try to get his blog up and running for the School year. Anyway- I love you!