Monday, August 3, 2009

A Simple Woman's Day Book~August 3, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, July August 3, 2009

Outside my window...The day dawn has broken and it has revealed an overcast, breezy morning. We are having a very mild summer. It makes me curious but happy. I have never been a fan of being hot so it has been great for me. I think we have had very few days in the high 90s or 100s.

I am thinking...that I am so happy our group of friends that meets weekly is getting back on track today after the month of July and everyone being so crazy busy. These good friends are so inspiring and encouraging on so many levels...I have missed them a lot. I feel very fortunate to have them in my life~friends are a tremendous and continual blessing.

From the learning room...when necessary I do not mind being alone but it very weird on a Sunday. On Sundays I just like being with others more. I never realized that until yesterday.

From the kitchen...Jim has been gone for the weekend so it has been very quiet in the kitchen but tonight he'll be home so that means today I am grocery shopping and restocking the essentials.

I am wondering...if Steve and Jim are unloading Erin's things from the van and trailer at this very minute. They arrived at Jen and Lowell's at almost midnight last night having left LA at 8:30 am. They had a very long, hot day but made it safe and sound. Today they want to unload in a hurry and get on the road for another 12 hour drive to get home tonight. Ugh!

I am wearing...PJs

I am reading...The Continuous Atonement by Brad Wilcox and a few other books.

I am creating...travel plans for the rest of the year, conference and trip to Lake Tahoe with girlfriends in September, Thanksgiving in Utah, Christmas and New Year's Day Italy. I have played phone tag with the agent booking our flights to Italy all week. I have to get that done this week. Top priority!

I am praying for...better adherence to my weight loss plan and lots of other things and people too.

I am hearing....Michael Ball singing You'll Never Know How Much I Love You.

My spiritual thoughts include...how much I love prayer and how much it is a comfort and a blessing in our lives. How the first thought I have each morning is to pray and each night before I sleep. How keeping a prayer in your heart all day makes things manageable and often very delightful.

Around the house...everything that I plan on doing today involving the house and garden is done except for making the bed. It is pretty easy in that department when you are alone for a few days.

Today I miss..my whole family!

I am hoping...The men and the van make it home safely and without incident and that Erin just loves living in her new home in Salt Lake City and her adventure at the U of U. I hope she meets lots of wonderful friends.

I have been procrastinating...
writing some letters by hand...ugh, so slow and tedious when you are use to typing everything.

One of my favorite things...a place for everything and everything in its place.

A few plans for the rest of the week..a birthday luncheon today, restocking the pantry, getting birthday cards and gifts and wedding gifts for this month, beginning my search for a new tub and shower enclosure ideas for our new bathroom, a movie in an old vintage theater in Oakland with some favorite friends on Friday night, and a church conference all weekend where we will be helping make it a great weekend for hundreds of Young Single Adults. We will be back with the old gang of adult leaders we use to serve with in that ward so that will be fun! It is a State wide conference for singles 18 to 30. Can you even imagine the energy that will be found in that spot and the many others hosting similar groups throughout the state? It is like getting a shot of adrenaline!

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you...

I this painting by Michael Creighton.
He has captured my memories of Italy on his canvas as
though he is was painting it from a snapshot inside of my heart and brain.
I cannot wait to go back in a few months. I love traveling
because it just expands my life from the little triangle
of places where I spend most of my days so much!
There is life and adventure and beauty outside
of our own comfortable little town! Imagine it!
And mixed in with all of that is the anticipated joy
of spending time with our kids and grand boys
whom we have not seen since March 08.
It will be a very Merry Christmas indeed!

2 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Sounds like you have a very busy week ahead Bonnie! I love the painting! hope to be able to go to Venice one day. MY boss has a huge collection of art featuring the canals of Venice. It's one of his favourite spots.

margaret said...

It is a lovely painting. If you go to the citydailyphoto.com and search on Venice, Livorno, Verona (and others but those are my favourites) you can find folks posting a photo a day of their cities. I never knew till last week Livorno has canals too :) Keeps me sane when I miss Italy anyway