Tuesday, September 22, 2009

20 things I Love About Autumn

  1. The color: PUMPKIN
  2. Excited grandchildren that love picking out their own pumpkins.
  3. Carmelized Apple Cider From Starbuck's.
  4. Local Fall-Fest activities
  5. Dried, salted pumpkin seeds
  6. Nesting
  7. Bringing out the cozy blankets and throws
  8. Watching movies near the fireplace with Jim
  9. The anticipation of the entire Holiday Season
  10. Crockpot cooking
  11. Candles and candy corn
  12. The crackle of leaves beneath my feet
  13. The smell of fireplaces burning in cozy homes
  14. Goards and other seasonal decorative items
  15. Carving Jack-O-Lanterns with the kids
  16. Not having to dream up costumes anymore!
  17. Pumpkin bread
  18. Corn stalks and hay bales
  19. Scarecrows
  20. Red, gold and yellow leaves on and off the trees
I also love all the fun photos of the kids playing and having fun this time of the year. Isn't it sad that we don't do this kind of stuff when we grow up? Maybe we all should in a few weeks when the leaves are deep on the ground and it is cool and crispy out. Thanks for the idea, Zachary!

3 comments:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bon Bon,
so good to hear from you today as always. Love your idea about the leaves, I agree, why should the kids get all the fun!!
Your grandaughter Aynslee is just
adorable, looks like a real sweetie too! That is so nice you take the time to do those nice blog posts for each one. I am sure they just love it especially since you can't be together on their special day, you sort of are anyway!! Electronically!!
What a great gift that is to us all, too bad so many use it for evil! but that is another story
for another time!
Loved the pic of your grandson in the leaves. I am making a fall dinner, a apple burboun pork roast with Kale and cornbread and some roasted carrots and parsnips. I can hardly wait!!
Tomorrow is our ladies group, so I will get to see Miss Becky and some other friends as well, really
looking forward to it.
You have a great evening and thanks for all your sweet comments.
Oh yea, the pumpkins in the copper are amazingly beautiful!
I have been thinking about painting my orange faux pumpkin but I will see, I am all done with
everything so don't know if I want to or not! I need to move on.......lol!!
have a great evening hon,
Blessings and hugs, Nellie

Sara said...

]Your list really has some of the best things about autumn! Thanks for your comment on my post... I too wish we lived closer, my apartment could really use your special decorators touch! I am going to Birmingham in a few weeks and I am going to both their HomeGoods (it is sad that they are the closest and they are 3 hours away)! Hopefully I will find some cute things there. I am also going to this awesome fabric store when my mom comes to visit and we are going to look for fabric for new throw pillows. So hopefully I will have some new thing to post about soon...and they will spruce up my apartment a bit!

Marie Rayner said...

I am loving your autumn list of goodies Bonnie! I wish I had the means to decorate for autumn, but I haven't ever been able to find much in the way of them over here. Love your little autumn treasure in the leaves!