Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm Spooked~Yes Siree

Chloe Meets the furry "Pet" that was hiding out in the garage!

Our daughter, Jennifer, is a big fan of Halloween. She like the costumes, the pumpkins, the Harvest Festivals, all of it. And because she likes it, her girls like it too. This kinda freaked me out a little... I think she may have gone a little too far stopping for a photo op here....eeeeek! I know they supposedly won't hurt you...physically that is! ! Even at that, I do realize no one procures one of these by choice.

Actually, it was homesteading and I can see it is on the driveway, so thankfully it is being evicted from the property. Chloe looks a little too gleeful though, don't you think? There is either no arachnophobia here or she is just too little to know these are not pleasant experiences!

7 comments:

Connie said...

Yikes! She is one brave little girl....and a cute one, too! :)

LA Adams said...

I've heard the rumor that Mt. Diablo was named that in part because the first explorers who were mapping and hiking the region ran into these awesome spiders (which only come out in October- males in mating) and some other experiences during that time.
I really don't care that they are shy and won't hurt you, I think Jennifer is one brave kid (or has no fear) and now I'm going to have to look in my garage a wonder who is living there too.

BECKY said...

Well, let me just say that that one would be found on the underneath side of my broom or shoe!! I would be freaked if little Emily got that close!! Those things JUMP!!! ACK!!!

:o)
Becky

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bonnie,
Yes I have to say she does look a bit too happy!! I am not super afraid of spiders as long as they are crawling on me. Once we were at my brothers house and came out to go home around midnight and there was this huge spider and my brother stepped on it. Let me tell you about arachnaphobia (sp).
When he did that baby spiders went everywhere, it seemed like there were hundreds, never seen anything like it before or since.
Creeeeeeeeepy!!
Have a good day tomorrow.
Blessings, Nellie
P.s. Did you finish that floral arrangment yet???

Caroline Craven said...

Yuck! Quite a few years ago when my mom and dad came out to visit, we actually went up to Mt. Diablo looking for those things during their migration. I had no idea they jumped (learned that reading Becky's comment) and distinctly remember my mom letting one crawl across her shoe. I even think Trevor or Kenna let one crawl across their shoe once Gma. did. They are creepy for sure! I'v never forgotten that creepy little expedition.

Sally said...

That freaks me out! I have nightmares about spiders...

Neabear said...

I am NOT a fan of spiders. Ewww!! Don't think I can get that close to one of those too. I hate potato bugs too. Another ewww!!