Monday, September 14, 2009

Patrick Swayze

Patrick Swayze was known for being a wonderful man, actor and especially husband. In Hollywood that is no easy feat! I, for one, will miss this man and his contribution to more than 80 films. My favorite of all his character was Orry Main in the mini-series, North and South. People who knew him said this was the character that was the most like Patrick in real life. If that is the case, I'll miss him all the more.

Patrick Swayze as Orry Main

The following montage of photos is accompanied by the song "She's Like The Wind" written and performed by Patrick Swayze about his wife Lisa.

He has fought an amazingly courageous battle with cancer which has brought him much respect from people throughout the world. I don't know about you but I feel saddened by his death today and also relieved that his incredible suffering is over.

If you haven't seen North and South~I recommend it if you like anything having to do with the civil war era and a very good story that lends insights to the plight of both the north and the south during that difficult time in our country's history. It is a wonderful story of best friends and the costumes are gorgeous to boot! Let me know how you like it if you do see it.


4 comments:

ImagineCozy said...

I did not realize that he past away today. Thank you for the video clip.
-Angela

Marie Rayner said...

Like you Bonnie, I fell in love with Patrick Swayze as Orry Main in The North and The South. I thought he was a fabulously talented man and I think he was a nice man. He will be missed.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bonnie,
Thanks for sharing that, I did not know all of that about Patrick Swayze. I did like him as an actor tho, but didn't know he was such a neat guy, and also that he sang or wrote that song for his wife. How neat is that!! That gets
an A+ right there! I had never heard he had cancer until I heard yesterday he had passed away. It is sad that he passed away at such a young age. Only 57.....that is my age!! Wow!!
Have a good day hon,
Blessings, Nellie

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I was so sad to hear he died yesterday! I think a Patrick Swayze movie marathon may be in order this weekend.