Monday, September 14, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~September 14, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, September 14, 2009

Outside my window...it is overcast and feels like rain. On Friday I did a consultation for a client and when I returned to my car the temperature registered at 106. Saturday morning we had a huge lightening storm and a bit of rain and the temperature had dropped by more than 30 degrees. Yesterday we had real rain...it was thrilling. Is it possible that it could be Fall? Hopefully...maybe??

I am thinking...I am glad to be back on schedule with my Daybook on Monday morning. It helps me get organized for the week.

From the learning room...I have been learning a lot about cyber bullying and quite frankly it is frightening. I want to do some research and prepare a fireside talk with my husband to help keep young parents informed about this terrible thing affecting so many children. I am becoming a bigger proponent of home schooling every day!

From the kitchen...I am wishing I was rich enough to not have to worry about it at all! My fantasy would be to have a wonderful chef, who could prepare lovely low-cal, wonderful tasting and nutritious foods for us daily. I want to be Oprah!

I am wondering...if there are people out there that really think I want to be Oprah??

I am wearing...My jeans, a mustard colored shirt and my new brown Crocs...love me some Crocs. So comfy!

I am creating... something for the wall for above our mantel like a wreath or something..not sure yet.

I am hearing....absolutely nothing...it is perfectly quiet this morning.

I am going...to get things organized for the week today.

I am quoting..."If you thrive on the applause of others, you put your happiness in their hands."

My spiritual thoughts include..gratitude for being able to use the tools of a life centered in Christ when trials come upon us.

Around the house...it is the type of day that I just love to stay home and do things. I'll be keeping my excursions out to a minimum and enjoying hearth and home today.
.
Today I miss...my good friend who is away and could really probably use my help today.

I am hoping...to do well in my new church assignment.

I have been procrastinating..the same old thing..paper work!

One of my favorite things...Pumpkin patches!

A few plans for the rest of the week...Planning for the weekend coming up, all the busyness of a homemaker doing the little chores that need to be done daily and weekly. Doing some Internet researching and of course...blogging.

Here are 3 pictures and a thought I am sharing with you...

This just warms my heart and reminds me that
the holidays are approaching sooner than I think!
It just reminds me of the blustery wind, the hot cider,
the candy corn, the turkeys and scarecrows
and all the other fun things about Autumn.
Especially how much the little ones enjoy it.

This is our grandson, adorable Zachary,
A few years ago with his pumpkin pick!

Are you bewitched yet by our
little grand girl, Chloe?

2 comments:

LA Adams said...

What is your new calling?
I loved the link to historically ironic!

Marie Rayner said...

Loved your day book Bonnie and the pictures of your wee grandchildren. How sweet! I love doing the day book as well. It helps me to focus at the beginning of my week on all the goodness in my life and all the goodness to look forward to!