Monday, September 28, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~September 28, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, September 28, 2009

Outside my window...it is dark as usual but it is feeling much cooler and the weather report confirms we have a front coming down from Alaska that will cool us off by about 20 degrees. I can handle that!

I am thinking...as I was typing in the date on this post the thought, how on earth can it be then end of September already came to mind. In a few months it will be 10 years since the Y2 scare. Can that really be possible?

From the learning room...that life can be very unpredictable. A friend of mine learned that her 23 year old step-daughter committed suicide last week. As Christians~a little oil in our lamp each day helps us cope with such tragedy, though we may never understand it.

I am reading...The Lost Symbol. Intriguing so far. And a bunch of other books in a stack about a foot tall...ones I have started and not finished. Bad habit I have of late. But I am working on it!

From the kitchen...something need to come to mind soon as the missionaries are coming to dinner. And they love to eat as most 19 and 20 year old men do!

I am wondering...about the swine flu shots after some articles I have read about it maybe not being a good idea? Why is everything so complicated??

I am wearing...light blue jeans, way too frayed at the hems and a dark blue shirt no make-up, shoes, jewelry or hair done yet though.... Time to buy a few pairs of new jeans.

I am creating...some Fall decor. I am taking my time and having fun with it. I will not be decorating for Christmas this year as we will be in Italy from the 12th on but we are having a reunion for Jim's side of the family on November 1st so I am spending more time on autumn than usual.

I am hearing....Music from the 40's...right now You're the Cream in My Coffee. Kind of odd since I can't relate. I don't drink coffee (or cream for that matter!)

I am going...to finish getting dressed so I don't scare my friends that arrive each Monday at 8:00 am for an hour or so discussion on health and fitness and all the stuff good friends come up with to share.

I am quoting...myself.."Instead of saying HAVE a good day..how about MAKE it a good day!"

My spiritual thoughts include..how thankful I am for prayer, the plan of salvation, and faith, lots of faith!

Around the house...Things are a mess again but this time it is outside. The exterior of the house is being painted this coming weekend so there is lots of shuffling of "man stuff" going on outside. At least it isn't in the house this time!

Today I miss...my parents who would have been celebrating their 68th wedding anniversary today. Married in September 41...just weeks before Pearl Harbor. Dad was off to war within just a few months after the wedding. Their first anniversary together was their sixth!

I am hoping...that my sweet friend who lost her husband last week and moved to our town will not really have pneumonia as they are suspecting. When it rains it pours.

I have been procrastinating..getting definite plans done for Italy. All I can focus on is seeing the kids!

One of my favorite things...Strawberry freezer jam that my friend gives us from time to time. It is delicious!

A few plans for the rest of the week...Grocery shopping, organizing the stuff that we recently dumped off at the warehouse after de-staging two houses (ugh!), finishing recording budget item for the month, clean up some places needing attention in the house, lunch with my sisters-in-law, Worldwide General Conference for our church on the weekend brought to us by satellite. Definitely need to get a pedicure and do some fun shopping. Walk, walk, walk to build up my strength and endurance for running all over Italy on marble and cobble stone! Hoping to get in some genealogy too.

Here is a picture and a thought I am sharing with you...

This is a stitchery pattern designed by our daughter, Jen. She is such a fun artist and I love the whimsical nature of her art. She is just so creative in a fun way. I have a feeling this is the center piece of a pillow she is making to add a little excitement to Halloween for her girls! I am so thrilled that our grandkids have the parents they do. What a blessing for us! We never have to worry about the little ones. They have wonderful, enriching and full lives.


4 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

Bonnie, I have some information about the swine flu shot, or rather what to do if you decide not to get the shot. Please contact me - cravenclan@hotmail.com. I was just in a class and we talked about essential oils that will prevent you from getting swine flu, or what to do if you get it.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I always love to read others Simple Daybook. I can just imagine you looking out the window at your beautiful drive. :)

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Bonnie,
Hope you had a good day with your friends. I had a fun time with Dee, we had a nice long time to talk just the 2 of us, and then her daddy got home and we had a nice dinner, then Scott came home about 9:15. He has really been having to work late, he was even later cause he had to run to the store. He really likes the job he is doing but the hours are truly ridiculous, so don't know how much longer he can keep this up.
Please pray he doesn't get sick!
When you go to Italy will that be to see your daughter you haven't seen since 3/08?? I sure hope so,
that has to be so hard!! Thank the Lord for email and long distance calling, huh!! What would we do without that, suffer
emotionally I guess! Wow, imagine your poor Mom and Dad not having an anniversary together for 6 yrs.
Wow! That is a horrible thought!!
Thanks for coming by today, I always love hearing from you.
Have a wonderful evening. Hope they do a beautiful job of painting your home. What color are you having it painted??
Blessings Hon, Nellie

Sally said...

I love that pattern! Jen is so creative!!