Monday, October 26, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook~October 26, 2009

To join in focusing on the simple things and pleasures of your daily life or to read other people's entries, you can click here.


So, For Today...Monday, October 26, 2009

Outside my window...it is dark and chilly and I am glad I am inside with the fireplace going.

I am thinking...I have a lot to do this week in preparation for the family reunion here next weekend.

From the learning room...sometimes we can intellectually know things but there is often that aha moment when something that you have heard repeatedly sinks in and becomes a part of who you really are. I love it when you gain a testimony deep within your heart of things you have known forever.

I am reading...Reading? My grocery list. Things have been insanely busy lately and I have had very little time to read. I think I did read a few chapters of Leadership and Self-Deception last night before falling asleep and I have been glancing longingly at The Lost Symbol sitting on the window seat and untouched for a few weeks.

From the kitchen...grocery shopping today, ordering a cake for Jim's mom's birthday for the crowd coming here on Sunday afternoon. The reunion happens to fall on her birthday although she dislikes a big deal made of her special day~we will have a cake and sing for her 83rd ~at least.

I am wondering...and daydreaming about how nice it will be to have a new bathroom with more space and some modern fixtures and features.

I am wearing...white, long sleeved t-shirt and Snoopy jammy bottoms. I have had them for years. Not something I would normally buy, but I received them as a gift from Santa and they just won't wear out!

I am creating...Christmas lists and menu for Sunday, travel plans, bathroom plans, thinking about the Christmas program I am in charge of the Sunday before we leave for Italy, and wondering about how we will fit the new heating system into the project budget...? How does this happen? I think it is just that I plan 2 times as many things as I can actually accomplish in 24 hours. What I use to be able to do in a day, I'm lucky if I get it done in a week!

I am hearing...Cry Me A River from the new album by Michael Buble. I love that you can buy only the tracks you really want on iTunes.

I am going....to straighten out my china cabinet today.

I am quoting...while discussing the usefulness of the trials in our lives as a refining fire someone said in the lesson yesterday that they had heard the quote, "I know that the Lord will not give me anything I cannot handle, I just wish he didn't have so much trust and confidence in me." Gotta love it~we even want our trials on our own terms!

My spiritual thoughts include...Gratitude for the aha moments and for my testimony which is growing of God's plan for us ~ every single day.

Around the house....organized chaos.

Today I miss...the way my knees use to let me just bound out of a chair with no particular effort or pain.

I am hoping...Jim's back will continue to improve daily and he will use wisdom and prudence in his decisions about what he should and should not be lifting.

I have been procrastinating..catching up on the budget entries in my little book.

One of my favorite things...leisure time with nothing pressing down on me. Oh, how rare and wonderful!

A few plans for the rest of the week...visiting teaching tomorrow and shopping, flu shot, cooking all day on Wednesday, finding some fixtures for the bathroom, hoping the bathroom foundation gets poured, some deep breathing and remembering one thing at a time will usually get it all done. And I am thankful I do not have to worry about making any Halloween costumes anymore!!

Here is a picture I am sharing with you..

Here are some sweet treats for Halloween!

4 comments:

Caroline Craven said...

Bonnie - I love reading your musings. I think I may join the Simple Woman's Daybook.

Bonnie said...

I hope you do, Caroline, it is really quite fun. I am trying not to miss a week for the entire year. I have been a day or two late from tie to time but so far I have done it! it gives you a nice little record of the entire year really.

Muse away, girlfriend,...would love to see it!

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie Rayner said...

Great daybook Bon!!! Love the picture of the little cuties too! I love doing the daybook myself. It's a great way to focus on the important things in my life!